Headunit: Eclipse CD7200mkII

X3bfC.jpg

t171j.jpg

your hands are hilarious.

Naming your builds = ghey
Who did that?

Meh
nG

---------- Post added at 01:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:54 PM ----------

Jrob = ghey.
:hi5:

How is putting a system fucking up your car? The only hole I had to drill in my car was through the fire wall, and that's not even noticeable...
My Toyota has no trunk panels, the rear deck has been cut all to hell to fit an enclosure & the suspension sags about 4" more than what it should. IDGAF.

violating terms of lease, brahhh.
Don't hate foo!

Broke bitches lease cars.
You're right mane. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/thumbsup.gif.3287b36ca96645a13a43aff531f37f02.gif

sacly. 

---------- Post added at 02:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:09 PM ----------

real ******* walk up to the dealer with a wad of cash.
Like a boss!

**** screw drivers getting all up in my surrounds and ****.
Not like a boss!

your hands are hilarious.
Not my hands. Previous owner of the headunit's hands.

Bought an Atomic AT3000.1 and scrapped the ONX1500.1s. The Atomic HATES the 8v preouts, however. Going to have to find a solution for that. Amp won't even play at high volume..

Box is being rebuilt ASAP, going to try a 2:1 4th order blow through, sealing the trunk off. So don't mine my **** hole throw-together install I've got there. This was for testing only.

Here is a garbage video I was trying to get of the SA10s pulling a box with 6 L brackets off the trunk floor, no luck though. You can tell when the song drops to 25hz though. Frames get all shaky n ****.

Oh and I did a 143dB driver side door open, mic on dash. 141.3 sealed up, mic on dash with the MB Quart DSC1500.1. Never got to test with the 3k as it wasn't working when the meter was here. Will retest this weekend before ripping it all out & doing the 4th order.

---------- Post added at 08:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:33 AM ----------

Did I mention I'm flat from 28-41hz?

Did some work this weekend.. pulled it all out to prep for the new enclosure. Got the body saw out & did some work in the rear deck to fit this new beast of a box. My poor car hates me. I'm getting new suspension in the rear to handle the added weight too. I gained close to 3" just taking it all out so I figure I probably oughta handle that.

A little testing before taking the existing setup out.. this score is w/the 4 SA10s @ 1 ohm on the Atomic 3k in ~5 cubes @ 33hz. Driver door open, mic on the dash.

ooi1o.jpg

Before:

yWvIT.jpg

Half way there:

7aXWp.jpg

After:

Bo0YY.jpg

A little bit of pretty work to be done to the rear deck still.. but it'll happen when the enclosure goes in & I either glass it in or seal it off w/wood & wrap it.

Here is the new box design:

dsIhf.jpg

Port will be firing into the cabin of the vehicle & sealed off from the trunk.

Starting on the baffles:

ueatl.jpg

pRIHb.jpg

Done:

3xjss.jpg

Dry fit:

KvBXw.jpg

Building sealed chambers:

It2X3.jpg

Back wall added:

hGpN8.jpg

Bottom added and sealed up:

pfxH9.jpg

tGf2L.jpg

Sub cutouts are just a tad too small, didn't think to check that before hand lol. High grit sandpaper or a small runover with a router should do the trick. Gonna wait to put the top on for ease of dropping woofers in. Its not impossible to add/remove them with the top panel on but its just gonna be 100x easier with it off.

Going to try a port with 2x2s first, then gonna play with different size aeroports with a removable front baffle. It'll be interchangable for music/SPL/whatever.

Nothing yet. I've not even started to add the port. Gonna do it with 2x2s first then build a dummy panel on the front with the ability to be pulled on & off with some simple t nuts or wing nuts.. something. Then I can try aeros, different size slots, whatever I want really.

---------- Post added at 07:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:54 AM ----------

Just build baffle after baffle until I get musical, SPL and the lowz SPL.

Nothing yet. I've not even started to add the port. Gonna do it with 2x2s first then build a dummy panel on the front with the ability to be pulled on & off with some simple t nuts or wing nuts.. something. Then I can try aeros, different size slots, whatever I want really. 

---------- Post added at 07:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:54 AM ----------

Just build baffle after baffle until I get musical, SPL and the lowz SPL.
I guess I kinda get what you're saying, I'll just have to wait until it's built I guess, lol

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.