J31Rob's First Build of 2012

I'm considering reverting back to a simple ported, but going with either 10-16 Sundown E8s or possibly doing 6-8 Sundown SA10s. Might even consider getting some of the new SA8s.
Depends on whether I make Team Sundown when I apply or not.

Yeah right! They get loud bro. They're only getting louder with each new port. Gotta keep in mind.. none of the ports have been geared toward scoring as of yet. Gonna try some aeroports & really tweak it.. hopefully my score pops up. If not, time to add more power.

---------- Post added at 05:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:06 PM ----------

Videos, don't mind me trying to talk over the bass like an idiot in the first video:

lol well my buddy only hit a 143 on four 10 sa's off a sundown 4500 box was tuned to like 27 hz tho haha

It seems like you aren't using big enough ports. What is the opening area of the newest one?
I'm still in the testing phase man. None of these are permanent. I'm just starting small & working my way up. I've got 2 more front panels cut to try out a couple more configurations. I'll likely cut some more & try until I'm happy with the bandwidth/score/sound/etc.

My current port is 7"x7" opening by 8" depth. I can't remember whether it's 8 or 10 actually. The last one was 6x6x10.

Nice build... Should get loud once you get it all dialed in! Try some long/big ass aeros and cut them down til it gets loud. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif
Oh yeah, that's the next plan. I've got some 6s I'm going to try first.. then I've also got some 10" thin wall PVC I'm going to flare myself & use for an "SPL" port. The square ports have just been easier since I've got a panel guy that does all my cuts for free.

lol well my buddy only hit a 143 on four 10 sa's off a sundown 4500 box was tuned to like 27 hz tho haha
Well yeah, you can't expect much of a number from 27hz tuning. The thing about my setup is I can change my tuning to WHATEVER I want.. WHENEVER I want.

Wonderful news today. My CD7200mkII took a **** on me. About a week ago I left my car running with the heat on and back out to the headunit being off. I turned off the car & turned it back on.. a small bit of smoke comes out from behind the headunit. I turn off & turn on again, headunit powers back on no issue. I've had no issues until today. I turned the car on, music played for maybe 2 seconds & the headunit starts ROLLING smoke. I pop the faceplate off and it stops smoking. It no longer works.

Got a hold of United Radio, shipping it out to be repaired (gonna fix the CD player while I'm at it) and should have it back next week some time.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

When I fix my hedadunit.. or buy a new one. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.