It begins, jeffro83's 98 Yukon build log

Looking good , keep up the pace and you will get there !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks man I really appreciate it. it's been getting harder to find motivation here lately with no real Enthusiast around to share it with. pretty much the people on this form is all I got when it comes to audio, so it definitely means a lot.
Sent from my SM-S737TL using Tapatalk

Got a little more done today getting pretty close to having these doors wrapped up finally. Got the adapters I made resined and some body filler on them. should be ready to sand and paint now. also got the sound absorption in, and speaker wire ran through the door. everything is put back together up to the door card, and I got the wiring harness loose so it's ready for deadener. Hopefully next time I'll be able to get the door card deadened, all the access hole sealed up, and the speaker adapters mounted. then I should have to do is put the door panel back on, and figure out what I'm going to do with the tweeters. after that it's time for the fun stuff, and I will be demoing the interior!
897b078ee20dfe031e997bd8b504dc3f.jpg
314fc42a432a2cf518233a0a8b703958.jpg
04410a858abeb4e8e36276c2f3895a0a.jpg
7decd53b2c415af4c9bb73819549d9aa.jpg
654f6ffee19b0848f2c8c69d53c9e40a.jpg

Thanks man I really appreciate it. it's been getting harder to find motivation here lately with no real Enthusiast around to share it with. pretty much the people on this form is all I got when it comes to audio, so it definitely means a lot.
Ya I am pretty much in the same boat, not many people on here and if they are it seems like there just kids arguing about this or that and I hate to say it but I was never much on Facebook but I have joined a few good groups on there and maybe check out “Doors for days” it’s a site all about door builds and some really awesome work there. Good to see your progress!

Ya I am pretty much in the same boat, not many people on here and I hate to say it but I was never much on Facebook but I have joined a few good groups on there and maybe check out “Doors for days” it’s a site all about door builds and some really awesome work there. Good to see your progress!

Man I couldn't agree more, Facebook is totally not my thing. I'm half computer illiterate anyways, actually I take that back I'm totally computer illiterate. like I've said before posting on this form is stretching my computer skills, and I'm doing it for my phone, I don't even own a computer. But I will check out that group out. I've said for years that I'll never have a Facebook, but in reality I know it's only a matter of time until I get pulled in. This is the main reason I got out of audio years ago, there was just nobody to enjoy it with and as much as I love it, doing it by yourself does get old after awhile. I was hoping that this form would change that, and then maybe going to a few shows would help me meet some local audioholics, but we'll see.

Man I couldn't agree more, Facebook is totally not my thing. I'm half computer illiterate anyways, actually I take that back I'm totally computer illiterate. like I've said before posting on this form is stretching my computer skills, and I'm doing it for my phone, I don't even own a computer. But I will check out that group out. I've said for years that I'll never have a Facebook, but in reality I know it's only a matter of time until I get pulled in. This is the main reason I got out of audio years ago, there was just nobody to enjoy it with and as much as I love it, doing it by yourself does get old after awhile. I was hoping that this form would change that, and then maybe going to a few shows would help me meet some local audioholics, but we'll see.
Awful quiet here ? Must be getting big things done ? Any pics ?

I know I've said this before, but that finish work looks great. Not everyone can bring it home the way you did there with the complimentary curves to the original door card.
And I know what my pair of Anarchys can do, I can only imagine what kind of work the four of those are doing, lol.

Keep it up, bud. Gotta do it for you. We're still looking even if we don't always chime in.

Awful quiet here ? Must be getting big things done ? Any pics ?

Not a whole lot done, but I am starting now and have the rest of the weekend so hopefully I will have some more pics by Sunday night. since last time I got the speaker adapters completely finished, and a start on the deadener. I didn't want to put too much effort into the adapters because they will be completely covered once I get the trim piece fiberglassed, but I'm not going to do that until after everything else is done, so they will show temporarily. anyways here's a few pics, more to come
8ea0aab6209246d531f546f1777006df.jpg
f386b40a98f7c703a0745a861c27d0a2.jpg
62e4d0d90b96af6d9963ffcb5d3bc110.jpg

Keep it up, bud. Gotta do it for you. We're still looking even if we don't always chime in.
Thanks man I appreciate it. And I know you're 100% right, I started doing this because I enjoyed it not for any other reason, and that is what has got me this far and will get this build done. But knowing that there are people out there to share it with makes it so much better.

Not a whole lot done, but I am starting now and have the rest of the weekend so hopefully I will have some more pics by Sunday night. since last time I got the speaker adapters completely finished, and a start on the deadener. I didn't want to put too much effort into the adapters because they will be completely covered once I get the trim piece fiberglassed, but I'm not going to do that until after everything else is done, so they will show temporarily. anyways here's a few pics, more to come

Looks great! My kids are too young for me to put much time into car audio or anything else for that matter right now. After they are grown I will be able to put more time and money into it. I look forward to seeing your progress on this.

They came out great ! Good job I am liking the idea .

I know I've said this before, but that finish work looks great. Not everyone can bring it home the way you did there with the complimentary curves to the original door card.
And I know what my pair of Anarchys can do, I can only imagine what kind of work the four of those are doing, lol.
Thanks man and they do pretty well I am constantly messing with the tune ( I **** at that part ) so I guess we all have strong points and weak points but I do like to try and learn new things but understanding speaker specs is a little hard for me to get so far lol.

Thanks man and they do pretty well I am constantly messing with the tune ( I **** at that part ) so I guess we all have strong points and weak points but I do like to try and learn new things but understanding speaker specs is a little hard for me to get so far lol.

Oh ya op one more place to seal up is the vent under the door latch and I also put insulation in a bag and stuffed into accordion boot in jam around speaker wires too . Sometimes I get a little carried away but I actually don’t think you can in doors.

Oh ya op one more place to seal up is the vent under the door latch and I also put insulation in a bag and stuffed into accordion boot in jam around speaker wires too . Sometimes I get a little carried away but I actually don’t think you can in doors.

Just finished with the passenger door deadener about to start on the driver. good call on the accordion boot and vent under the door latch, i didn't even think about either. Looking at it now my truck doesn't have a vent, just the plastic access panel, but I will deaden and seal it with some C. C. F. Hopefully I can get all deadener done today then seal all access holes, and panels tomorrow. I would love to get these doors wrapped up this weekend and move on to guttin in the interior.
ada5d017f61917fb2b7c33abe175394a.jpg

Also I do agree about the door pods looking good but it was a ton of work would have been way way easier with PVC like you did it, if I could have got some 8 in fairly easy it would have been so much better. For any future builds that will definitely be on my order before I start list

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Jeffro83

Senior VIP Member
Jeffro83
Indianapolis, IN
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from