It begins, jeffro83's 98 Yukon build log

Is there anyone who could please help get me headed in the right direction on these doors. Pictures and details are above. I could really use some advice. if not I guess I'll just wing it and hope for the best.

Sent from my SM-S737TL using Tapatalk

Is there anyone who could please help get me headed in the right direction on these doors. Pictures and details are above. I could really use some advice. if not I guess I'll just wing it and hope for the best.
I did my with pvc pipe and plywood to door and speakers mount into pvc and doors are full treated and deadened and seal as best as possible then I removed lower section of door panel from top half and mage fiberglass covers and had custom grills made and wraps pods in factory matching vinyl. Pics in next post.

I did my with pvc pipe and plywood to door and speakers mount into pvc and doors are full treated and deadened and seal as best as possible then I removed lower section of door panel from top half and mage fiberglass covers and had custom grills made and wraps pods in factory matching vinyl. Pics in next post.
Yeah I kind of picked your build log apart and stole some ideas, that's how I got where I'm at with these. I couldn't tell from your pictures if you're Anarchy's vented into the door, or if they were sealed in the PVC "box" you made. I think what I'm doing will work, as long as there's enough air space, which really concerns me. did you see the pictures I posted?

4e93fe00ce87c44fbad15fb5092c19cb.jpg
30164c5e43a59b5da223542123342c63.jpg
65e67aa53da411630e30cc77e83a0a58.jpg
141ba36e13299c80464b7ff52f0a5715.jpg

c30a832df2615283b2f73d02d93dbebe.jpg
6486589f4aeaaf7be8475645a90ce0aa.jpg
d32e43bac1bdf0552afc717a21ea1d15.jpg
9ed849e92e2bfd0a16f015ec4b05c6d3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah I kind of picked your build log apart and stole some ideas, that's how I got where I'm at with these. I couldn't tell from your pictures if you're Anarchy's vented into the door, or if they were sealed in the PVC "box" you made. I think what I'm doing will work, as long as there's enough air space, which really concerns me. did you see the pictures I posted?
Ya there vented into the door and I got midbass !!

Ya there vented into the door and I got midbass !!

Man I just can't find anywhere to cut an 8-inch hole in the door I thought there was more room but the window motor is right next to the factory speaker location I could possibly been it into the door but it is not going to be perfect there will have to be at least some part of the door panel partially blocking the whole did you have this issue 2 if so how did you get around it

I am looking at you pics, and don’t take offense but what are you going to do ? Are you just going to mount that to door and cut the door panel to go around it ? Because no way that’s going to fit in there lol my plywood bases gave me a fight to fit in there. If you are going to cut them up I would suggest finding another set of panels and saving your Incase you don’t like it after your done. That’s what I did so I still have my originals if I decide to go back stock I somewhat can or want to do something different I can.

Man I just can't find anywhere to cut an 8-inch hole in the door I thought there was more room but the window motor is right next to the factory speaker location I could possibly been it into the door but it is not going to be perfect there will have to be at least some part of the door panel partially blocking the whole did you have this issue 2 if so how did you get around it
That’s why speakers mount into pvc to move them out enough ( close to 4” ) and then I just cut door metal 5” holes for sound to go through and yes window motor is partially blocking one of the holes but don’t seem to matter. If I was you and want a little simpler method I would see if you can find pvc and a coupler to fit your speaker cut a ring off coupler maybe 1/2 inch and glue to top and that will give you a flange for speaker to screw down to and make a plywood circle ⭕️ hole in center to fit pvc and glue together with PLC glue and bolt to door. Now cut hole in door panel same size as coupler diameter so panel will install over it iand it will stick out flush with panel and screw some grills over speaker into panels. Easy clean and very functional.

I am looking at you pics, and don’t take offense but what are you going to do ? Are you just going to mount that to door and cut the door panel to go around it ? Because no way that’s going to fit in there lol my plywood bases gave me a fight to fit in there. If you are going to cut them up I would suggest finding another set of panels and saving your Incase you don’t like it after your done. That’s what I did so I still have my originals if I decide to go back stock I somewhat can or want to do something different I can.
Yeah that is exactly what I was going to do, just Mount the box to the door then cut the bottom corner out of the door panel, and I'm 100% with you on getting extras. not only to go back to stock if I need to, which I really probably might if this sounds like shitt, but also in case I jack the cut and need to redo it. but we've got a bunch of junk yards around here and I can get them fairly cheap, just takes time of riding around to each one till I find a pair. Really starting to wish I would have just went with 6.5's, it would have been so much easier, and if this does sound like crap that's probably what I will do. unless I can get a DSP and do a true 3-way front stage. but for now, I don't know what else I can do to make this work. I'm really dying to get some type of a system going. hate to rush it but I've already been waiting two years. I'm out here looking at it now and I still don't see how you did that with the window motor right there

Yeah that is exactly what I was going to do, just Mount the box to the door then cut the bottom corner out of the door panel, and I'm 100% with you on getting extras. not only to go back to stock if I need to, which I really probably might if this sounds like shitt, but also in case I jack the cut and need to redo it. but we've got a bunch of junk yards around here and I can get them fairly cheap, just takes time of riding around to each one till I find a pair. Really starting to wish I would have just went with 6.5's, it would have been so much easier, and if this does sound like crap that's probably what I will do. unless I can get a DSP and do a true 3-way front stage. but for now, I don't know what else I can do to make this work. I'm really dying to get some type of a system going. hate to rush it but I've already been waiting two years. I'm out here looking at it now and I still don't see how you did that with the window motor right there
Speakers don’t protrude into the door or very little the pvc tubes are as tall as speakers. How tall are your speakers ?

That’s why speakers mount into pvc to move them out enough ( close to 4” ) and then I just cut door metal 5” holes for sound to go through and yes window motor is partially blocking one of the holes but don’t seem to matter. If I was you and want a little simpler method I would see if you can find pvc and a coupler to fit your speaker cut a ring off coupler maybe 1/2 inch and glue to top and that will give you a flange for speaker to screw down to and make a plywood circle [emoji778]️ hole in center to fit pvc and glue together with PLC glue and bolt to door. Now cut hole in door panel same size as coupler diameter so panel will install over it iand it will stick out flush with panel and screw some grills over speaker into panels. Easy clean and very functional.
This is what I was originally going to do and I can definitely make it work even if I can't find PVC I can just stack MDF speaker rings or treated plywood speaker rings until I get the distance I need the reason I backed out is because once I get it deep enough it sticks out past the plastic door panel and the angles were a little off but I could correct that with shims or whatever I need to the real thing that worried me the most was that the hole would be obstructed but if it's not going to matter I would much rather do it this way cuz then the whole door would be the Box and I already bought deadener specifically for this I think I'm going to scrap the other idea and go back to this just seems so much better and it's already proven

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Jeffro83

Senior VIP Member
Jeffro83
Indianapolis, IN
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from