Buck's Ranger

Buck
5,000+ posts

little alien on campus
My father killed himself late February 2016 and left me this Ranger. My Explorer was needing some gaskets and my janky sun roof seal was leaking, the truck is all gutted basically. Just got tired of driving it and not being able to work on it due to be sick. I drove the ranger because it was just an old factory vehicle, the Explorer is parked with everything still hooked up, 2 years later. I need to look at that soon //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eek.gif.771b7a90cf45cabdc554ff1121c21c4a.gif

Being sick is what keeps me from designing. I have a central nervous system disorder that widely varies in severity. Fibromyalgia. I have a lot of other issues as well, like my spine and the fact I might be f*cking nuts.

Anyways

About a week or two ago it got warm here and a lot of my symptoms just disappeared, for now. So I decided to get this old POS running better. It means a lot to me to be able to get out and do something after being locked up forever and being how I got this truck.

This thing was burning so much fuel. Idle was garbage

So far I've done:

MAF (2 years ago, shop done)

Thermostat

PCV valve and vacuum chasing

Throttle body sensor

Air idle control valve

Plugs and wires (iridium, good wires)

one spark plug may be two-hand tightened //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/uhoh.gif.c07307dd22ee7e63e22fc8e9c614d1fd.gif

Just did all front bearings and bought new calipers because of the piston sticking.

More to come, like exhaust //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/satan.gif.9c6a335ed7aeeed3ee273e573f1fcaac.gif

Don't make fun of me because I have 4.0L and 150 hp. Those aren't good numbers. But they are reliable numbers.

Truck only has 104,000 miles on it. Tranny only has 25-30k on it.

Here's some pics now:

It took me so long to jack it up. Front kept sinking into the ground. This is how we do it in a small town in TN, apparently.

Yeaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh you ain't white legged like me

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks GoodYear. You gave me some GoodFear in ever using you again. Did you tighten the hub nut down? NO. Thank god they put the pin in it. So I did new bearings, the best ones at autozone lol. The autozone where I live at really helped me out. I've been there quite possibly 20 times this week. No joke.

yeah I can't see any pics. Welcome back man...been gone to long. And of course my deepest sorrow for your loss. Losing family isn't easy to deal with.

I gotta bleed the brakes.

BY THE WAY

THIS is the first mechanic work I've ever done. I have never even changed a spark plug before. I've wired vehicle systems and done speaker installation and other equipment installation but never mechanical.

I'm very surprised and happy that all of this has worked so far.

I gotta bleed the brakes.
BY THE WAY

THIS is the first mechanic work I've ever done. I have never even changed a spark plug before. I've wired vehicle systems and done speaker installation and other equipment installation but never mechanical.

I'm very surprised and happy that all of this has worked so far.
my step son very sick now too on o2 forever now (can't breath, in hospital) but if he won't and u were here he could just about rebuild that whole truck in 2 days for $200.. he had 3 rangers and 2 f150's re did everything on all of the rangers wrecked them all cause he's a alcoholic..

Pics arent working here either, probably have to have a PB account for them to load. If not, they don't embed for the public. Try loading it in an incognito tab you'll see

Either way it's not nearly as bad to do regular stuff like that as it seems like so kudos to you for getting into it. It's sad to hear about your father, men commit suicide 3.4x as much as women and get no recognition. That's why I really fight to get that out into the light so people are more supportive. Anyways, I don't want to bring that up more than I need to

Try using imgur.com for images

Pics arent working here either, probably have to have a PB account for them to load. If not, they don't embed for the public. Try loading it in an incognito tab you'll see
Either way it's not nearly as bad to do regular stuff like that as it seems like so kudos to you for getting into it. It's sad to hear about your father, men commit suicide 3.4x as much as women and get no recognition. That's why I really fight to get that out into the light so people are more supportive. Anyways, I don't want to bring that up more than I need to

Try using imgur.com for images
wonder why i can see them? all i have is imgur..

Pretty much what wew lad said...it says please upgrade your account error message. Ever since PB wanting to change the rules and charging people, a lot of us flocked to other image sites.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.