Strange bulb issue on Delco radio (04' GMC Yukon)

Participant count
  • Participant list

Sergeant Dreizehn

CarAudio.com Newbie
USA
Hello,
I've been repairing a bunch of dead bulbs on my mother's 04' GMC Yukon, in the radio and the instrument cluster. Most of the repair went fine, but there is one 3mm radio bulb causing strange issues. When removed from the circuit board, the bulb works fine. However, once soldered in, the bulb is really dim, even if I apply the current directly to its leads. I've tried two different bulbs and re-soldering (admittedly I'm still learning soldering), but the result is the same.
I think the traces on the board are ok, but I don't know for sure.
Does anyone have any suggestions on what it could be or what I could try? Or if not, perhaps another place I could ask? Any assistance would be much appreciated.
Thank you.

P.S. The final attached image, of the radio face, is from Jennies Garage on YouTube, which has a great video on replacing the radio bulbs. I forgot to take a picture of the face of mine. Sorry for the messy soldering. radio (1).jpgradio (2).jpgradio (3).jpgradio (5).jpgradio (5)other.jpg

Hello,
Thanks for the suggestion. At the moment someone on Maker Pro is trying to help me out, but if that doesn't pan out I might try a Yukon forum. And I know what you mean, Yukons are everywhere! I frequently have to check the license plate to be sure it's my mother's vehicle in a parking lot. ^_^;

Hello,
Thanks for the suggestion. At the moment someone on Maker Pro is trying to help me out, but if that doesn't pan out I might try a Yukon forum. And I know what you mean, Yukons are everywhere! I frequently have to check the license plate to be sure it's my mother's vehicle in a parking lot. ^_^;
Good luck.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...