It begins, jeffro83's 98 Yukon build log

Oh lol I just explained it all ha ha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
So I'm not sure if the PVC will work, it is too big for the 8 in driver. the cut out for the driver is 7 1/8, actually a little less and the inside diameter of the PVC is like 7.6, outside diameter is 8.6 so outside would have been perfect, but inside will probably be to lose to get screws in. they do make couplers called Street elbows and couplers that go inside the pipe, but then it would be too small. I just got home from work and I'm about to double check all the measurements, but as of right now I don't think it's going to work, unless you have some more tricks up your sleeve to share with me. That was schedule 80 by the way schedule 40 was even looser
Sent from my SM-S737TL using Tapatalk

Why not fab a wood ring to mount the speakers to and then fasten that to the pvc... seems simple to me... but you are the guy doin it... so IDK

Why not fab a wood ring to mount the speakers to and then fasten that to the pvc... seems simple to me... but you are the guy doin it... so IDK
That was my idea to but thought maybe there was a better way or I was missing something at this point probably just got to give stacked wood rigs a shot since I've already got them cut only thing that ***** is trying to shim the angle I want into the Rings but I'm sure I can do it

Finally got a little progress made I got the adapters for the speakers built ended up using wood the PVC pipe would have been so much easier and better to work with but I already had the wood here and felt confident that I could make it work so I rode with it but if anybody else is trying this I strongly recommend using PVC not only is it easier to work with for building these adapters but it will also come out nicer and last longer

Oh lol I just explained it all ha ha

Hey man I was wondering if you couldn't answer a quick question for me as it seems like you are pretty good with fiberglass and I have never used it. my question is, can I put body filler on the adapters I made first and then resin over everything, or should I resin the adapters first and then do body filler?
1ac37acf95f3e97f41f478863ddaef11.jpg
9269ed650bb66095de143afbcb2f602f.jpg

Hey man I was wondering if you couldn't answer a quick question for me as it seems like you are pretty good with fiberglass and I have never used it. my question is, can I put body filler on the adapters I made first and then resin over everything, or should I resin the adapters first and then do body filler?
1ac37acf95f3e97f41f478863ddaef11.jpg
9269ed650bb66095de143afbcb2f602f.jpg

Yes I would sand them good and resin first and then body filler on top of that . And you can ask me anything, always down to help with what I know.

Yes I would sand them good and resin first and then body filler on top of that . And you can ask me anything, always down to help with what I know.

And they look like your off to a good start //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Thanks man I really appreciate it, It's good to know that people have your back. going to try to get a coat or two of resin on them hopefully tonight if it dries fast enough, and then do some filler tomorrow, if possible. after that going to put some sound absorption and deadener inside the door, then Mount the adapters and then seal and deadener the outside of the door. Hopefully after the doors are done the rest of the build goes a little smoother I would really like to make slamology this year not to compete but just to have fun and maybe give out a few demos if not oh well I'll just go and get some demos

Got a little bit more done today not as much as I would have liked though. I feel like I need to be running through this build right now if I'm going to make slamology, but every time I try to get stuff done all I wind up accomplishing is a few baby steps. Oh well I guess in the long run it's worth it to miss slam and do it right. Anyway, I got the factory holes cut out a little bigger so the eights can vent into the door better, also got the doors cleaned up inside and out for deadener, and also got the outer door skin deadened. Hopefully next time I can get the sound absorption in, and the speaker wire ran from the door into the vehicle, and all the pieces cut to fill the access holes in the door, and the door card deadened. Hopefully once I get past the doors things will start to go a little easier and smoother.
e55e2b4176f22622f28c2498ba89b776.jpg
ca5620894292ccf583795ae18247bec5.jpg
a45a492e9336f3034aa45703a036b8db.jpg
3e1a3f61b095c7ad97ff8f2c9fb6df7b.jpg
2f79f446ba51defc9fbf1b0c2144abe4.jpg
cb42e63d70693d67fa28138d889b00f7.jpg
82ec5400b42c6ac48179af2222a70a9f.jpg

Forgot to mention I had a little bit of stinger Roadkill left over from the last build, so I figured I would burn it up first inside the door. then i switched over to the new nvx deadener that I just ordered. I really do like the nvx deadener, for the price I paid I think it was a great deal seems like really nice stuff.

Forgot to mention I had a little bit of stinger Roadkill left over from the last build, so I figured I would burn it up first inside the door. then i switched over to the new nvx deadener that I just ordered. I really do like the nvx deadener, for the price I paid I think it was a great deal seems like really nice stuff.
Looking good , keep up the pace and you will get there !

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Jeffro83

Senior VIP Member
Jeffro83
Indianapolis, IN
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from