Is this sub compatible with this amp?

Participant count
  • Participant list

vblasi29

RI
I already have this amp:

Rockford Fosgate PRIME R1000-1D Class D Monoblock Amplifier

I did have a JL audio w1 hooked up to that amp but the JL crapped the bed. =[

I really just do not have good luck with JL's..don't ask me why..I do not know. So I am not planning on getting another one.

Is this sub compatible with the amp I have?

Rockford Fosgate P2D2-12 (P2D212) 12" Dual 2 ohm Punch Stage 2 Sub

I do not really know a thing about ohms and power handling..etc.

Getting another amp is not an option either so please do not advise me to do so. I just want another sub that will be pretty reliable and not breaking my bank.

I am so upset right now.. I cannot describe the horrible feeling when I am in my car and now listening to music with no sub. It really nauseates me.

for that amp i would get this C2 audio threatcon 2 for $129 if your running 2 subs dual voice coil 4 or if you are running just 1 sub american bass xfl, PSI PLATFORM 1, get dual voice coil 2 if you will only run 1 sub

pm me if you have any questions

ok..well I cannot become an overnight professional on this subject. Thats why I am turning to others for help and some advice. Anything involving electrical crap is just not my forte.

If the RMS for that amp says 1000 watts for 2 ohms and 500 watts for 4 ohms, does that mean the sub has to have at least that RMS too?

So if that RF sub says RMS; 400 watts and peak:800 watts at 2 ohms, then basically that amp will blow that sub as well?

Also, what exactly does it mean that the amp is monoblock?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.