Do I need a second battery?

Casb0n
10+ year member

My 2 year warranty battery lasted 3 years and finally died. I went to the auto parts store to get a new one, and the guy there saw my subwoofer power cable and told me that it would be a lot better on the electrical system if I got a battery to put in the back. I told him that I only had a 350 watt rms subwoofer amp with a 30 amp fuse and he still said I should get another battery. Does this sound correct? 30 amps is barely more than the cigarette lighter fuse...

By the way, my car has a 110 amp alternator I believe.

I have a 600 CCA, I believe. Its around what the stock battery was. I did see lights dimming a few days ago, but that was right before my battery died and apparently my whole electrical system was on my alternator because the battery wasn't holding charge (according to the auto part store guy). Also, my ground wire wasn't attached good at that point either.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.