Is this a good speaker?

Participant count
  • Participant list
Because of the way you have your signal wiring setup. There's no way for you to not be clipping the crap out of the amp.
What amp is it? Part of my post was a joke, but you definitely need to get a better head unit or line driver or something.
Well, its either with the RCA splitters, or a high level input. I guess i could buy a line out converter but i minus well get a new head unit if im gona buy that... Its a clarion amp.. 60rms

Well, its either with the RCA splitters, or a high level input. I guess i could buy a line out converter but i minus well get a new head unit if im gona buy that... Its a clarion amp.. 60rms
A line driver is different than a LOC. A line driver usually has a built in EQ or crossover, and uses an RCA input. It would then have two-three high voltage RCA outputs.

But if I were you, I'd get a new head unit. For $130 or so you could get a new one with 3 sets of 4V preamp outputs, or you could spend a bit more and get better equalization/other features. If you go used, you can probably get what you need for $80. I sold a Pioneer on here with iPod compatible USB, front aux, 3 sets of 4V outs, and decent crossover capabilities for $75 a year ago or so.

And it definitely wasnt me that recommended the amp. I'm not familiar with Clarion amps.

Can i keep using amp and speaker even tho the amp is getting a clipped signal? I dont hear any distortion or anything.

I wouldn't want to risk having my second set of speakers blow because of a shoddy setup.
ok so im about to sound kinda dumb. So take it easy haha. My HU turns out to have 2 RCA outs. Front and selectable rear/subwooder outputs... So i can at least use the front speakers and my subs without woring about my speakers till i get a new Headunit. I can also bridge the amp to the front speakers. The amp gives off 100 rms bridged would that be ok for 85 rms speakers? Ill keep the gain down. As long as i hear no distortion right?

ok so im about to sound kinda dumb. So take it easy haha. My HU turns out to have 2 RCA outs. Front and selectable rear/subwooder outputs... So i can at least use the front speakers and my subs without woring about my speakers till i get a new Headunit. I can also bridge the amp to the front speakers. The amp gives off 100 rms bridged would that be ok for 85 rms speakers? Ill keep the gain down. As long as i hear no distortion right?
Putting 100 clean watts to your speakers would be better for them than clipped 60 watts, so yeah I would go for that setup you just described.

Putting 100 clean watts to your speakers would be better for them than clipped 60 watts, so yeah I would go for that setup you just described.
Yep. I agree with all of this. You might want to make sure that you set the HPF on your amp a little higher than you normally would, though.

Yep. I agree with all of this. You might want to make sure that you set the HPF on your amp a little higher than you normally would, though.
Ok cool =]. Next problem! removing HU without headunit removal key ??? im about to go mess around putting butter knifes into it see if i can do it that way. I heard you can.

Ok cool =]. Next problem! removing HU without headunit removal key ??? im about to go mess around putting butter knifes into it see if i can do it that way. I heard you can.
you can..ive done that on several occassions:D not best way to do it/scratches things up if not careful,but does work

you can..ive done that on several occassions:D not best way to do it/scratches things up if not careful,but does work
eehh whatever cheap *** headunit anyways. But what about HU>RCA>RCA splitters to front and rear? Also what my goal when doing this butter knife thing? Like just put it in and move it around till i unlock the little knobs then pull on it?

eehh whatever cheap *** headunit anyways. But what about HU>RCA>RCA splitters to front and rear? Also what my goal when doing this butter knife thing? Like just put it in and move it around till i unlock the little knobs then pull on it?
you will need some help maybe.or put it in on one side at a time, and pull forward just a touch then do other side/cocked to one side at a time so to speak,then ease it out from front ..you can do the splitters directly off the amp rather than pulling the hu

you will need some help maybe.or put it in on one side at a time, and pull forward just a touch then do other side/cocked to one side at a time so to speak,then ease it out from front ..you can do the splitters directly off the amp rather than pulling the hu
Well i pulled the **** out after like an hour of trying with butter knifes.... Theres only one output!!!! sonys website an walmart.com lied saying theres 2.

Sony Xplod CDX-GT35UW Car CD Receiver - Walmart.com

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.