Is my subwoofer box right?

Looks like that 1st box should be ok for a 1K amp... just barely. If I got this right, 2.7ft3 minus .39ft3... that's 2.31ft3 net with a 2 x 12.5 port and the port wall (inside bend) is what 24"?.. Quick and dirty in Torres that's around 26" long... if you get 660 watts to the sub it'll be at 100fps at that point. So yeah... for 1K on that sub it looks like it might be alright and the tune will be close.

tbVi0m.jpg

IMO you'll probably be ok... but that sub man... you are just tickling it. Why get a fairly expensive sub and underpower the h*ll out of it?

Sorry... maybe it's me?

I was gonna get the one with the double baffle. I dunno if this one is worth sending the other back or not.
see if u had listened to yesterday told u same stuff these guys are., that box will work with 1k or less..... AND that box u looking at now is same guy that made mine (ebay)., SEND HIM a message from the auction: u need a double baffle (like mine) ask him to round the port end some and tell him u want 2.5" wide x 13.5high

port (taller port if box needs to be 1" higher is fine., if u plan to add more power later tell him 3" wide) if u get stage 2 with bracing inside tell him to make the hole in bracing large enough for your magnet (idk diameter check it) he can make it and ship to u in a week.. just tell him u want 30hz tuning because after sub disp tuning will go up to 33-35 probably which is fine.. this is my box i got it without carpet (maybe not the smartest idea)

Looks like that 1st box should be ok for a 1K amp... just barely. If I got this right, 2.7ft3 minus .39ft3... that's 2.31ft3 net with a 2 x 12.5 port and the port wall (inside bend) is what 24"?.. Quick and dirty in Torres that's around 26" long... if you get 660 watts to the sub it'll be at 100fps at that point. So yeah... for 1K on that sub it looks like it might be alright and the tune will be close.
tbVi0m.jpg

IMO you'll probably be ok... but that sub man... you are just tickling it. Why get a fairly expensive sub and underpower the h*ll out of it?

Sorry... maybe it's me?
look at the new 1200 fu that or the 750 is really what he needed.. that 1200 is amazing for $259

tbVi0m.jpg

Sorry... maybe it's me?
Maybe he wants headroom fora bigger amp?

Bigger motors are more efficient, more motor strength is more motor strength. More for the watts to pull and push on, so to speak.

Like an AB XFL vs HD, HD's are louder even if under powered in cases I've seen.

Bigger motors are more efficient, more motor strength is more motor strength. More for the watts to pull and push on, so to speak.
Like an AB XFL vs HD, HD's are louder even if under powered in cases I've seen.
I agree, but so many people do the same thing... get a $350+ driver, prefab it and put about 1/3 the actual rated power to it or worse cheap out on the amp while doing it. And underpowering can lead to the same ol' story of clipping the thing to death trying to get louder. Add a prefab to the mix and it's like... I dunno
, then wondering why the same sub the other guy has gets much louder, lower or both.

I agree, but so many people do the same thing... get a $350+ driver, prefab it and put about 1/3 the actual rated power to it or worse cheap out on the amp while doing it. And underpowering can lead to the same ol' story of clipping the thing to death trying to get louder. Add a prefab to the mix and it's like... I dunno
, then wondering why the same sub the other guy has gets much louder, lower or both.
Yeah the under-powering and clipping is a danger because the high power sub will hide the clipping more and next thing you know your sub is blown.

I can't tell you how many 10000000% gain sets I've seen in these situations lol

Yeah the under-powering and clipping is a danger because the high power sub will hide the clipping more and next thing you know your sub is blown.
I can't tell you how many 10000000% gain sets I've seen in these situations lol
Or worse yet... gain maxed with a really bad amp... and the user actually believes the ratings...

u1lRctp.jpg

Wow.. blast from the past. Rockwood, Kenford and old Pyramid... some people collect those things... D*mn boat anchors!

I blew an American bass xfl 10 with the same amp. I don't think I was clipping it because gain wasn't even half way. 1500 to 1800 watts will do that lol. The fu 1500 should be a much needed improvement.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

8 Inch Vince
Milwaukee, WI
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
Buck
20240518_170822.jpg