Is my subwoofer box right?

I'm so confused. Some people are telling me it's too small others are saying the opposite
some may say box is to big but it's not with your sub disp., anyone telling u 25.5 sq in port is to big for 2.3cf ad box is crazy.. my prefab box with pioneer is 1.63 cf ad and it has 18 sq in port., i'm running 1/2 the power u will need.. multiply width x height = 25.5 sq in port divide that by cf ad (after sub) should be close to 2.3cf ad that makes 11 sq in per cf these are facts not opinions..

Port area can vary widely, depending on what you want, vehicle, tuning, location in vehicle, size of box, what type of ported box, power applied.
i agree but as u said he has a 1500 sub which needs 2k amp and his port area is smaller than i have for my 750 with 1k amp and the port air at 32hz is gonna be pushing 98fps on mine so his even with my sub would be closer to 150 fps (with twice the power i have)

IDK how anyone else would box that driver... If I was gonna power that thing to the max I'd put about 2.2K on it and this would be perfect IMO.

AHiIz2.jpg

That's one nice lookin fairly hi-excursion driver with 1500 watts of power handling so this is what I came up with for a low 30's tune in around 2ft3 net.

Just trollin'... not designing...

I'm so confused. Some people are telling me it's too small others are saying the opposite
No one is saying it's too big, the area is def too small.

That being said, it doesnt appear to be too far from optimal for that sub. Tuning is close, vol is close.

According to this online calculator it looks about right. It says I need 22.6 inches of port length.
Port length is one thing... port area is how you adjust for more or less power to avoid port compression. How much power you planning to run?.. what amp/load?

Nobody said the volume/tuning were way off... port area might be an issue if you have a decent amount of power tho.

What vehicle is it going in?How much space you willing to give up for this sub?How is your electrical? Stock battery and alternator only or?Stock HU/radio or?Have you done any deadening to the vehicle?

---------- Post added at 07:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:21 PM ----------

What amp are you using at this 1 ohm load?

Kinda underpowering that woofer, mang.

I had an fu750 15 running off a ppi bk1800 and it never bottomed out or started to smell after being cranked on continuously. Box was 5 cubes. You could double that power and be fine.

I like some bracing myself and a double baffle of 1-1/4 at the least.Is that going be too tall for that trunk?Like 2"

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

8 Inch Vince
Milwaukee, WI
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
Buck
20240518_170822.jpg