jvc kd-r975bts head unit subwoofer out questions

Participant count
  • Participant list

mtx11
10+ year member

Bump Till There Nuttin
Theres alot of filter and crossovers. I have a jvc kd-r975bts an trying

To dial in a jl 1000/1. I have loud off ,bass boost off every thing set at zero. But in the subwoofer section it has slope -6 to -12 -24 , then freq from 220 down to 40hz. The jl guide says turn all extra stuff off , turn up to 3/4 volume and play a 50hz sine wave and set amp volts to 44.7ac for a 2ohm set up. My issue is I can't turn off the -6 slope on the jvc. So if I am setting the amp to 44.7 volts doesn't the -6 effect it?

And ist doesn't sound like there is even a sub back there (fi q 12")

Theres alot of filter and crossovers. I have a jvc kd-r975bts an tryingTo dial in a jl 1000/1. I have loud off ,bass boost off every thing set at zero. But in the subwoofer section it has slope -6 to -12 -24 , then freq from 220 down to 40hz. The jl guide says turn all extra stuff off , turn up to 3/4 volume and play a 50hz sine wave and set amp volts to 44.7ac for a 2ohm set up. My issue is I can't turn off the -6 slope on the jvc. So if I am setting the amp to 44.7 volts doesn't the -6 effect it?

And ist doesn't sound like there is even a sub back there (fi q 12")
The setting I'd start off with would be around 80hz- 100hz @24db on the LP, them lower it to blend in with the front stage by ear... EVERYTHING at zero? I'd have the sub level at or near max... that might be why the Q isn't hitting... weak signal to sub amp. Really can't say as to why it's weak... you're there, bass boost nada. loudness off and sub level at or near max if it was me.

Bumping up the sub level works. Makes it sound better.

But wouldn't that effect the output bolts. I'm not looking to blow the sub.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.