Is my subwoofer box right?

I bought a subwoofer box online. It claims to be 2.7 cubic feet tuned to 30hz. I got it today and it seems kinda small but I dunno. I'm installing a 12 inch FU Audio 1500. They need 2.5 after displacement tuned to 30 - 35hz. Maybe somebody can give me an idea?

https://www.amazon.com/Singel-Competition-Ported-Sub-Box/dp/B07B77VCPD/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1527909230&sr=8-1&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=groundshaker+subwoofer+box+12
wow 1500 huh my new 750 be here in few days.. i was looking at those boxes other day seem ok, the cf is pretty close to right (i got 3.25cf total) idk what the ports and all come to.. if u give me the with of port (not where it flares out) and length (i mean measure these) i can can check tuning for u.. did u check if it's 25w and 22d?, if so should be kinda close to size listed box looked expensive to me but then mine cost $160 and isn't as big so (just sticker shock i guess lol)

wow 1500 huh my new 750 be here in few days.. i was looking at those boxes other day seem ok, the cf is pretty close to right (i got 3.25cf total) idk what the ports and all come to.. if u give me the with of port (not where it flares out) and length (i mean measure these) i can can check tuning for u.. did u check if it's 25w and 22d?, if so should be kinda close to size listed box looked expensive to me but then mine cost $160 and isn't as big so (just sticker shock i guess lol)
It's 24 inches by 2.

It's 24 inches by 2.
i think port looks wider than that., i hope it is or it's too small (mine is 30sq in and my box is smaller) port looks more like 3" wide.. if it's 2" i came up with 2.85cf after port, if box is 25x22x14.25 so 2.7 sounds right subtracting some bracing or as i said hopefully port is bigger.. if not after your sub disp u will have something like 2.5cf ad with only 10 sq in per cf (thats y port needs to be bigger or box smaller 1 of the 2) i'll check box specs on ebay

It's 24 inches by 2.
well i see it now if it's really 2" man that not great.. wish u had asked before getting it.. tuning is probably correct but port size will hurt u if u run more than like a 1k amp (which i assume u would to sub that big) u may have port noise or worse hurt sub.. got my box on ebay i designed it had guy make it double baffle and all 2.25x13.5" port on 2.1cf ad box and i run lesser sub and power than u will need..

well i see it now if it's really 2" man that not great.. wish u had asked before getting it.. tuning is probably correct but port size will hurt u if u run more than like a 1k amp (which i assume u would to sub that big) u may have port noise or worse hurt sub.. got my box on ebay i designed it had guy make it double baffle and all 2.25x13.5" port on 2.1cf ad box and i run lesser sub and power than u will need..
Check your math. 48

Check your math. 48
holy crap sub disp is .39 cf is that what u mean? yeah it won't be as bad but still put u at 11 sq in port per cf., for 1500 rms or more u need 15 sq in power cf or more in most cases..

Last edited by a moderator:
Idk why people buy b a d a s s woofers and put them in boxes not SPECIFICALLY designed for their situation.
I agree... if you're spending money for the subs why not do something nice... and specific for your power/vehicle?

Heck... even a set of Sa-12's deserve a nice home...

FZ2qEX.jpg

IDK... I always thought the enclosure is one of the most important if not THE most important part of any build...

Lol... confusion?.. I try to size a port to avoid compression on whatever estimated power you have after rise or sometimes just flat rated power... idk every enclosure is different.

And different folks do it their own way as well.

I just don't think many prefabs are gonna work out well. There might be a diamond in the rough out there. But I'd sure research any prefab exhaustively before buying.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

8 Inch Vince
Milwaukee, WI
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
Buck
IMG_6578.png