Is my subwoofer box right?

https://m.ebay.com/itm/STAGE-2-PORTED-SUBWOOFER-MDF-ENCLOSURE-FOR-FU-AUDIO-FU1500TI-12-SUB-BOX/263737355548 

---------- Post added at 05:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:27 PM ----------

Guy didn't believe me when I said the sub displacement is .4. The magnet is like 660 oz
yeah it's big tell him u do need box to be tad bigger because of sub disp maybe if he cab get it 30hz 2.7cf u should end up with 2.3 or so and 34hz maybe but u will have to probaly go 3-4" deeper or wider just tell him to add .4 cf to it (in whatever way will fit your car tell him max height, depth, width etc.) so u end up with 2.7 or so before sub.. and find out how big magnet is..

yeah it's big tell him u do need box to be tad bigger because of sub disp maybe if he cab get it 30hz 2.7cf u should end up with 2.3 or so and 34hz maybe but u will have to probaly go 3-4" deeper or wider just tell him to add .4 cf to it (in whatever way will fit your car tell him max height, depth, width etc.) so u end up with 2.7 or so before sub.. and find out how big magnet is..
FU recommends 2 cubes but I went with 2.9 cubes. 2.5 after sub displacement tuned to 28hz. Magnet is like 660 oz lol. I'm about to jizz just thinking about it...

FU recommends 2 cubes but I went with 2.9 cubes. 2.5 after sub displacement tuned to 28hz. Magnet is like 660 oz lol. I'm about to jizz just thinking about it...
oh so u order boom tech box from ebay? they good my only q is what port size did u get?

I blew an American bass xfl 10 with the same amp. I don't think I was clipping it because gain wasn't even half way. 1500 to 1800 watts will do that lol. The fu 1500 should be a much needed improvement.
I dont know how you blew an XFL those subs are just beast. Ive had alot of experience with them and they can take quite a bit of clean power. Ive had a single 10 and a 12 take 1500 rms daily.Hard to blow an XFL unless you were clipping it consitantly

I blew an American bass xfl 10 with the same amp. I don't think I was clipping it because gain wasn't even half way. 1500 to 1800 watts will do that lol. The fu 1500 should be a much needed improvement.
Where the gain is set can't be determined by looking at it... input signal varies as well as recording levels. What wont clip with one song may with another... lol

Gain pots on my last amps clipped around 7:30 with rebassed stuff. I set levels using a -10db 50hz tone and due to my signal strength the things clipped around 9-9:30.

If you killed an XFL with 1500-1700 watts it wasn't CLEAN power most likely.

you can only overpower subs if your box is good and once you get away from tuning frequency, the sub will just s u c k power out of that amp. It's so dumb to overpower subs by a lot while playing music, unless you have something like a 6th order or 4th order.

The magnet of sub, when the sub unloads, will kill your electrical due to the reverse signal that tries to force back into the amp. That why you want amps with a high dampening factor if you love music.

Last edited by a moderator:
Like wide range music. My eD amps let me play down to 14 hz in my explorer, but that's also because my box is b a d a s s because I designed and built it. So you gotta think full spectrum. That's what makes a good designer, IMO

Last edited by a moderator:
It was absolutely r e t a r d e d, I ripped sheet metal 4 times, almost lost my rear glass when I sheared a glass bolt. LOL. The spot welds on my hatch for the rear window all ripped off and it ripped the sheet metal in half and I got it welded back but then it just started ripping around the weld. UGH. That's why the explorer is parked is because I beat the s h i t out of it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

8 Inch Vince
Milwaukee, WI
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
Buck
20240518_170822.jpg