inline fuse length

chunky cumz
10+ year member

past due splooge
in ya mouf
ok so i see threads all the time say use inline fuse to the amps 12 inches from batt, but idk why?

Mine i want to have the inline fuse about 24-36 inches away from bat.

I have alot of conviences in my setup because the main battery is in the back of the car so i dont have to ground to the chasis, i get to go straight to the bat.

SO! about 24-36 inches to inline fuse then about 8 inches to amp and then 24-36 inches back to batt as negative.

please let me know your input and if you still think the inline fuse should be within 12 inches of bat please explain why thisw is because i have yet to hear anyone say why.

I think it's because a surge of power from the battery could catch the wire on fire, thus the fuse to break that connection if it gets to that point.

I think it's because a surge of power from the battery could catch the wire on fire, thus the fuse to break that connection if it gets to that point.
current flow's out of the Neg of the batt and in threw the Positive. not out the positive and in threw the neg..

so you want the fuse at LEAST 18'' away from the batt.. no matter what

current flow's out of the Neg of the batt and in threw the Positive. not out the positive and in threw the neg..
So at LEAST 18" so 24-36 inches shouldnt be problem then right? Sorry, too much money invested now to fuk anything up. lol!

So at LEAST 18" so 24-36 inches shouldnt be problem then right? Sorry, too much money invested now to fuk anything up. lol!
is 24-36'' lass then 18'' away from the batt.. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

soooo if you have to mutch money invested allready.. then dont be a re-tard and **** **** up..

just fuse accordingly.. i would not go further then 18-20'' away from the batt.

yea my bad i ment at most.
ok kool, your subtle appologie is accepted and i appreciate your help.

GRACIAS!!!!!!!! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Its pretty simple..

You want the fuse as close to the battery as possible because the longer the run is from the terminal of the batt to your fuse holder, the more room for accidents happening...

Such as if you have that long run before the fuse, that run could eventually rub a hole in the jacket and ground itself...and then your fuse can't do crap in that situation because it's shorted itself BEFORE the fuse..and then all kinds of goodness happens //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif...Id just fuse as close as possible.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Power travels back through the ground //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

if it didn't, then why would we trust a car chassis to carry the load for us? that's silly. Power is drawn through the positive off the battery, that's why we spend so much more money on getting a long piece of giant wire for our power wire.

IF it were the other way, to protect anything, you would fuse the ground and run the positive through the chassis.

keep your fuse close to your battery, because the farther it is away, its that much more wire that is open to overcurrent draw, but if you have 1/0 or something of the like, i doubt you ill catch on fire before you pop a fuse.

one more thing with out having to start another thread. Does anyone know the equation to get the wattage at a wierd ohm?

What wattag would be at 3 ohm's and then at 1.34 ohms?

Power Acoustik Ov1-5500D Gothic Series 1-Channel Class D Car Amplifier

RMS Power Rating:

4 ohms: 1700 watts x 1 chan.

2 ohms: 2500 watts x 1 chan.

1 ohm: 3200 watts x 1 chan.

150 amp fuse

one more thing with out having to start another thread. Does anyone know the equation to get the wattage at a wierd ohm?What wattag would be at 3 ohm's and then at 1.34 ohms?

Power Acoustik Ov1-5500D Gothic Series 1-Channel Class D Car Amplifier

RMS Power Rating:

4 ohms: 1700 watts x 1 chan.

2 ohms: 2500 watts x 1 chan.

1 ohm: 3200 watts x 1 chan.

150 amp fuse
anyone wanna take a swing at it?

I am guessing 3 ohms is 2100 watts rms

1.34 ohm would be about 2900 watts rms?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.