I'm back, and I need help

So I finished up the deadening in the doors and on the back panel. Probably going to leave the floor and roof for now. As soon as I get a USB cable compatible with my Galaxy S8 I'll create a build thread and add all the pictures.
I'm having a real hard time though with the installation of the box. The FoxAcoustics 2-12" vented came with (4) 5/8" MDF spacers to put between the floor and the back bench seat. Then use the stock bolts (very large/long) to bolt everything to "stock height". I just can't shake it being somewhat unsafe yeah?

I also have no idea where the hell I'm going to mount these 2 amps with as big as this box is under the seat.

foxacoustics-boxfit.jpg

Anyone want to Trade/Buy a pair of Sundown SA-12 D4 Rev.3's? I'm thinking of doing a fiberglass single 12" ported enclosure.
Can't mount the amps on the back wall? Should be adequate space behind the seats, no?

So I finished up the deadening in the doors and on the back panel. Probably going to leave the floor and roof for now. As soon as I get a USB cable compatible with my Galaxy S8 I'll create a build thread and add all the pictures.
I'm having a real hard time though with the installation of the box. The FoxAcoustics 2-12" vented came with (4) 5/8" MDF spacers to put between the floor and the back bench seat. Then use the stock bolts (very large/long) to bolt everything to "stock height". I just can't shake it being somewhat unsafe yeah?

I also have no idea where the hell I'm going to mount these 2 amps with as big as this box is under the seat.

foxacoustics-boxfit.jpg

Anyone want to Trade/Buy a pair of Sundown SA-12 D4 Rev.3's? I'm thinking of doing a fiberglass single 12" ported enclosure.
I wouldn't worry about the seats. I measured mine and had plenty of thread in the holes. I used loktite on mine.
I'd mount in the back wall, passenger side using MDF. You also have a 12.5 x 15 inch space under the drivers seat on 4th gen. trucks. I doubt that Wolfram would fit there.

All mine are under the drivers seat.

I wouldn't worry about the seats. I measured mine and had plenty of thread in the holes. I used loktite on mine.
I'd mount in the back wall, passenger side using MDF. You also have a 12.5 x 15 inch space under the drivers seat on 4th gen. trucks. I doubt that Wolfram would fit there.

I might use the blue Loctite then since I will probably end up taking the subs out or downsizing in a year or so, but that does make me feel a little bit better.

I'm not exactly sure what kind of space I have behind the back seat. If anything I would imagine I can get at least one back there.

I'm afraid the SA-12's will be a little choked on airspace. I think they'll only have about 1.35ish per side @ 35hz.

I might use the blue Loctite then since I will probably end up taking the subs out or downsizing in a year or so, but that does make me feel a little bit better.
I'm not exactly sure what kind of space I have behind the back seat. If anything I would imagine I can get at least one back there.

I'm afraid the SA-12's will be a little choked on airspace. I think they'll only have about 1.35ish per side @ 35hz.
That could be a concern. I have heard the SA's in it and it sounded good. Didn't really get into the details of it though.

Where did you run your Power and RCAs? Did you replace the door speakers as well? Where did you run those? I'm trying to avoid absolutely ripping apart my truck to install this stereo.

It also seems the Scosche 6x9 adapters (142SA69) don't fit the ID CS6.5's.... This install keeps kicking me in the nuts at every turn =/

Where did you run your Power and RCAs? Did you replace the door speakers as well? Where did you run those? I'm trying to avoid absolutely ripping apart my truck to install this stereo.
It also seems the Scosche 6x9 adapters (142SA69) don't fit the ID CS6.5's.... This install keeps kicking me in the nuts at every turn =/
My amps are all under the drivers seat. So for my installs I just pulled the drivers seat and lifted the back seat. Ran the RCA's down my console (I have the large floor/center consoles on mine) and the power down under the door trim panel. This is why I really like the PPI/Soundstream ION/Nano amps. They are tiny.
I cheated on the door speaker install. Could not find a convenient space for running new wire so I used the factory wires to tie into from my 4 channel.

4 channel amp runs the door speakers. Head unit powers the 3.5" dash speakers and mono runs the subs. Or in the case of the 5 channel NVX runs the same way, but one amp.

Next redo of one I am going to run a 3 way set up and use the head unit to power rear speakers. Run active (mids on rear amp channel and passively crossed 3.5 and tweet of front channel) and subs on mono.

Finally got everything put in over the weekend with the help of Jonathan Doll @ Lake City Customs (Warsaw, IN). I'll grab a few pictures this afternoon before I put the back seat back in.

Initial thoughts --

Holy DEH-80prs options Batman!

AutoEQ/TA *****, but setting it manually

Without the LOUD function, it's lacking (subwoofer gain about 1/4 up)

The ID mids/tweets sound so **** good already just turning up the gain a little.

Highs -> Front 900.4

Mids -> Rear 900.4

Low -> mono 1500.1

Regarding the 900.4, what should the settings of the mid channels be? I never really quite understood where to set the filters on midrange.

I'll probably be spending the rest of the day running outside and tuning it

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.