I'm back, and I need help

are you even able to run a rear stage if you do active fronts?
you can actually do a rear stage if you have a big enough amp. Active just means mids and tweeters and subs, no front or rear. You can have a set of tweeters of front and back ran off the same amp and rca. Mids front and back off the same amp and rcas. Both crossed over the same. Only time I'd advocate that kind of setup is in a giant minivan where passengers would appreciate some rear fill if your sub stage is actually over 150 db as well. If you are in a small SUV, hatchback or sedan/coupe then its completely and utterly idiotic to run rears.

you can actually do a rear stage if you have a big enough amp. Active just means mids and tweeters and subs, no front or rear. You can have a set of tweeters of front and back ran off the same amp and rca. Mids front and back off the same amp and rcas. Both crossed over the same. Only time I'd advocate that kind of setup is in a giant minivan where passengers would appreciate some rear fill if your sub stage is actually over 150 db as well. If you are in a small SUV, hatchback or sedan/coupe then its completely and utterly idiotic to run rears.
the first part of your reply is kinda what i was driving at, you can definitely put additional front channel speakers in the rear, but not an actual "rear" channel persay, just duplicated fronts in the rear speaker location

the first part of your reply is kinda what i was driving at, you can definitely put additional front channel speakers in the rear, but not an actual "rear" channel persay, just duplicated fronts in the rear speaker location
yup you can dupicate it and time alignment will make it only the front driver and rear driver side sound good while the left side ***** lmao.

That makes sense. I usually don't have anyone in the back seat so if it's not necessary, f$@& it lol. Saves me $80 on rears lol.

Car audio drives me nuts lol. Here's the latest iteration.

Headunit - Pioneer DEH-80prs (christmas gift from inlaws)

Doors, Front (x2) - Image Dynamics X-65

Tweeters, Front (x2) - Image Dynamics XS-28

Amplifier, Front - (HELP!)

Doors, Back (x2) - Image Dynamics ID-5 (do I even need rears anymore?)

Subwoofers (x2) - Sundown Audio SA-12

Amplifier, Subwoofer - Wolfram 1500.1D

Box - FoxAcoustics Dual 2 vented

Wiring - Sundown Audio amp kit (0ga)

Battery - (HELP!)

Alternator - (HELP!)

Deadening - GTMat pro 50mil (100sq ft)

Sorry if I skipped over and missed something

Are you running that sealed underseat box? I doubt the SA will fit. The sd3 would be a great choice.

Front amp; id do one of the amps that shares the hpd4 board. Ppi 900.4, soundstream, nvx etc

Alt- CES

Battery- you should be able to fit a g31 or g34 in stock location. Id do northstar or full throttle

Sorry if I skipped over and missed something
Are you running that sealed underseat box? I doubt the SA will fit. The sd3 would be a great choice.

Front amp; id do one of the amps that shares the hpd4 board. Ppi 900.4, soundstream, nvx etc

Alt- CES

Battery- you should be able to fit a g31 or g34 in stock location. Id do northstar or full throttle
Sweet. I was going to run with the 12" ported. It should fit, box volume will be a little below rec, but I figured polyfill would do the trick. If not, I'll probably grab some shallow mounts.

Consider the ev3 also. Less depth than SA, and will be more at home in smaller box. Also, ~1500w is right in their wheelhouse on a pair

So with this 80prs, I'm still a little confused on how to run the mids/highs.

So the tweeters would get 1 active channel, the mids will get 1 active channel, and the sub will get 1 active channel.

On the amp then, Do I want a 4-channel, or 2-channel and bridge the mids/highs? Never ran an active setup.

So with this 80prs, I'm still a little confused on how to run the mids/highs.
So the tweeters would get 1 active channel, the mids will get 1 active channel, and the sub will get 1 active channel.

On the amp then, Do I want a 4-channel, or 2-channel and bridge the mids/highs? Never ran an active setup.
Dealers choice. 2 - 2 channel amps or one 4 channel. You just need a dedicated channel for each component.
Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Dealers choice. 2 - 2 channel amps or one 4 channel. You just need a dedicated channel for each component.
Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
But what I'm not understanding is that the 80prs has 3 active outputs.. So it seems I'm missing either 2 outputs, or not understanding how it actually works. It was so much easier with components w/ crosserver :p

Tweeter (L) = 1 component

Tweeter ® = 1

Mid (L) = 1

Mid ® = 1

Subwoofer = 1

80prs output 1 -> Subwoofer

80prs output 2 -> Mid (L)

80prs output 3 -> Tweeter (L)

Hopped on WoofersEtc.com and ordered my L/R stage //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif

Image Dynamics X-65 HD midbass

Image Dyanmics XS-28 28mm silk dome tweeters

PPI 900.4 Class D 4-channel

Best place for wiring/install accessories?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.