if you know jack about subs please look

WHat you want is 2 w3s for $200 that would be good. For real you should buy whatever sounds best to you, after all your gonna be listening to it alot. Be cheap when it comes to food or clothes or anyhting but not your system.

no im saying i got 2 type-r's for 200 yea i understand about being cheap but money doesn't grow on trees and this isn't my own money this is my parents money its a little gift so i can't go overboard and get some l7's or something like

Oh sorry, a you're lucky to have cool parents. When my car wouldn't start, my parents were trying to help me figure out the problem. So I'm walking out the door with a 1/2 farad cap and some 4awg, right? My mom goes "what the hell is that." I said, "it's a cap," "I think my amps are drawing to much current from my charging system". So she's like , "You know normal people don't put amplifiers in there car, Then she looks at my dad and says, "he's nuts". //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gif

it's a good deal, type r's are nice for that price. why in god's name anyone would pay over 100 for one is just beyond me. you definitely should see what the warranty covers....some (most) don't cover burnt voice coils, etc, anything do to user error...so maybe it'd be 30 bones down the drain if you do end up screwing something up. happens to us all... Just make sure your box is solid, recheck connections before screwing it down, stay within box parameters, power rec's.

The Type-R's are pretty good for that price. The JL's are usually a favourite. But my CompVR's surprised the **** out of me.
suprised the f*** outta me too - didn't know a sub could sound so shitty, oh wait eDk

Type R's are not a favorite around here. Though I like them better then the W3's or W6's. If you can get two of them for $200 then go for it, that's a good deal. I'm sure you will like them a lot.

:hilarious Ok It's one thing to like type r's better than w3s. But saying you like them better than w6s means you prolly never owned or installed either one of these subwoofers. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/idea.gif.5acb6a39a9b92425414c316dda202bad.gif no offense.

Your friends know nothing ...
DHD amp = trash

Bandpass = trash

1 sub in a bandpass enclosure meant for 2 subs = flat-out retarded ...

As for Type-Rs for JL W3v2s ... The W3v2s are a LITTLE better, not much but a hell of a lot more expensive ... Also, the Type-Rs handle more power and are more suited for ported enclosures, thus making them better for your purpose. The CompVRs are also a good deal ...

By the way, where does everyone come up with these opinions ?
since when does type r handle more power?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.