if you know jack about subs please look

Last longer is debatable. Both are built well (build quality sides with JL) and should both last several years if used responsibly. I've had my Type-Rs for over 3 years now, operating most of their lives at over their rated 300 RMS power (quite a bit of time well in excess of that). The JL W3v2 series has been touted to handle more power than the Type-Rs, but they can't handle anywhere near the power (I would never feed a 12W3v2 500 watts, yet I'd feel confident with a Type-R with 600 watts if it were in a proper enclosure). Sound better is subjective, but I agree that the W3v2s sound better than the Type-Rs, but I doubt anyone would be dissappointed with the Type-Rs sound in a proper enclosure. Fact: Alpine SWR-1241D can be found as low as $100 + shipping with a warranty. Fact : At this price, you can buy TWO Type-Rs for the price of ONE 12W3v2 ...
Warren, you know for a fact the W3v2s can't handle that much power (at least nowhere near what the salespeople told you when you bought them.) I've seen tons of Type-Rs handle well, well in excess of their rated power on a daily basis without having any long term problems (including my own). Like I said when I got in a debate with you over a year ago, the 12W3v2 is a better speaker, the Type-R is a much better value and I still stand by that.

see how much i've changed.....

i do agree type r is better for money... i don't think its that much of a different sub, esp since you'd be paying that huge differnece in price. This is far not like opinion of the eDk, i'm positive the type r is a better buy, yet however i did have 500 watts on my w3v2s (that's the jl i think i may like the most)......

thx for the replys guys oh for the hayward guy well actually i dont know if my parents are gonna agree with my system they not really into that stuff either the thing is they dont know exactly what im buying hehehe they know hopefully if i can get this stuff to bump properly

w3's are 300 watts rms..type R's are rated at 300 as well but are 1000 watts peak. divide ur peak rating by 2 for the rms.

Wow! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wow.gif.23d729408e9177caa2a0ed6a2ba6588e.gif Peak power rating is 1000 watts. Now you can buy a 300 watt amp for your type R //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif . Gee, I wonder why JL doesn't give peak power ratings? There really usefull! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/idea.gif.5acb6a39a9b92425414c316dda202bad.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.