Which One(s)?

Participant count
  • Participant list

PopcornPlaya
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
all right, so i am selling one of my JL 500/1 to a friend for $250. (i got another one identical to it, and a 1000/1). anyway, he's wanting some subs to run off of it (12's). he's wanting mainly sq with some spl ability, but doesnt want to spend any more than $150-$170 on them, max. i compiled a list of some of the ones that i think would work, and some that are borderline, and was wondering what you think would work best, to see if it coincides with the idea i was having before i give him my recommendation.

here's the list:

Resonant Engineering RE12

Resonant Engineering SE12 (can i order RE direct, or is there a store i can buy from)

Image Dynamics IDQ12(4 or 8(didn't know if this was referring to ohm load on these))

IDQ12v2 (d2/d4)

Elemental Designs E12k.44/.14

Elemental Designs E12kx.44/x.14

Treo Engineering TSX12.22

Treo Engineering TSX12.44 (need to know where to order from, no where locally deals treo)

Adire Audio Shiva

out of the listed woofers, which do you think would perform best off of that particular amp, as far as SQ is concerned. then, out of the ones with the best sq, which will give him the ability to get loudest(knowing it also depends on box, which im thinking either dual 12 sealed, or vented(probably vented)). if you know of any others out there that may be within or below his price range, that would perform better off that amp with the main concern being sq, im open to those suggestions. thanks

ID Q for SQ but wont get as loud as the SE. SE will be the loudest but sound **** good as well. id go with the SE, it would handle the power the best because i believe that 500/1 puts out like 800 watts or something

5001 puts out 500 watts by 1, 250 by 2 when you hook up two subs to it. i don't care what you do to a jl amp, you can strike it with lightning, and it still wont put out more than its rated power. im looking for a set of 12's that will run stable off of 250 watts. i was considering telling him to go with a single IDMAX 12, which is what a source which i trust a lot has told me.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

PopcornPlaya

10+ year member
Senior VIP Member
PopcornPlaya
durty south, ga
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date