Identify this TC sub

GVP
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
California
What model is this?

6da1ea71.jpg

11ed5943.jpg

^^^That's the OEM10, the OEM12 will have a half-roll surround and a black paper cone vs the high-roll surround and honeycomb cone like the images you posted.

That is, if this is an OEM12...can't really tell for sure unless we see the cone...I don't think.

All the oems i have owned were double stacked not tripple....top and yoke are the same but this to me is maybe a tc9+ even tho there isnt really one technically....there are regular tripple stacked tc9s tho.....however this is not an oem

1 way we can help narrow it down is if u give us the magnet thickness.....

thanks to shane for this because i knew i had seen that motor before....

here is your motor

DSC03968.jpg

DSC03977.jpg

according to cianzo(shane) this was his theory as to why it was a tripple stack tc9

"This is what I think a TC-9+ is. At first it looks like 3HP because of the three .75" slugs but it has the T-yoke and the 12mm top plate thickness of a TC-9. How it differs from traditional TC-9 is that it has a copper sleeve on the pole to help prevent flux modulation, instead of a shorting ring under the top plate. That increases the gap width to a full 9mm for the flux to travel across, even though the physical air gap width is still the standard 6mm for a TC-9. This is where the extra slug comes in, to restore flux strength lost due to the wider gap. Hence, a TC-9+? That's my theory anyway. "

here is that motor next to a 3hp off a Ti

DSC04028.jpg

def not a 3hp... but a concept tc9

will put my 2 cents in if nobody cares.

there is no such thing as a tc9+.

i have built several triple stack tc9s and they have a tighter gap vrs the 2 1" slug closer to the gap of the 2 3/4" slugs. there is no benifet to the 3rd slug in this motor esp with the small diameter top plate it is already far passed soak.

in my eyes this is a very poor designed motor and a waste without a better top plate. in all aspects the 2 1" slugged tc9 is one of the most perfect motor designs still in todays market...

will put my 2 cents in if nobody cares.
there is no such thing as a tc9+.

i have built several triple stack tc9s and they have a tighter gap vrs the 2 1" slug closer to the gap of the 2 3/4" slugs. there is no benifet to the 3rd slug in this motor esp with the small diameter top plate it is already far passed soak.

in my eyes this is a very poor designed motor and a waste without a better top plate. in all aspects the 2 1" slugged tc9 is one of the most perfect motor designs still in todays market...
this i agree with that is why cianzo made a thread years back asking for somone to show him one...there was never technically one ever...tc7+ yes but not the 9 but its the name some people gave to the tripple stack 9

the tc-9's were built with what ever he had laying around to get rid of then passed off as his original intent. TC sounds has done many shady things like that. If you get into collecting or going through a lot of tc sounds motors you will see how much they just through what ever fit together. I know of 2 tight gap neo sig motors with wide gaped slugs in it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.