IA DP 15" truck work log...

What's the mounting depth on the Atomic? VC config? RMS rating? How would it like 1.4 cubes at 32 Hz?

Mounting Depth: 7.25" IIRC

Dual 1.4

Rated at 1k but handles a 20.1 daily (in the 2k region)

It needs at least 2.5 to be happy. I say 2.5-3 for the ap

32Hz would be perfect!!! People say you need to tune them high but I'm sure 32 would wang!!!!

Jon

Update*

Well I finished the box today and installed it for some testing. Was not happy at all with the output of the box. I mean it was loud but not nothing like I had expected it to be. I know the DP has more potential then what I saw today. I'm kinda thinking about totally redoing my system now. Leaning toward an SQ system with a sub stage that will be designed for one think and one think only, LOWS! I have a ton of work coming up this summer so I should be able to have enough extra cash to really spice up my system. So be on the lookout for a new system....

I'm thinking about trying a fiberglass enclosure for the DP next. If that fails to I will probably try and get a single or dual 10's and base my system off from them. It will be a very high end system and I'm really hoping for a good result. I'll keep the DP for future use (if I don't reuse it in the F-150). Never know I might buy a car or a vehicle that has more space. Then I will bring the DP to life //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif .

Jon

Nah, I'm just going to start over. Like Tommy said back earler, its better to have a simple box then one that is over complicated, and believe me, this one was super complicated. When I did some tested and had a lot of flexing in the box. Bracing was needed majorly in the main runs.

Owell, if you don't succeed, try, try agian...

Jon

Nah, I'm just going to start over. Like Tommy said back earler, its better to have a simple box then one that is over complicated, and believe me, this one was super complicated. When I did some tested and had a lot of flexing in the box. Bracing was needed majorly in the main runs.
Owell, if you don't succeed, try, try agian...

Jon
ya man just do some testing with the enclosures. those woofers dont mess around //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Update*

Well I finished the box today and installed it for some testing. Was not happy at all with the output of the box. I mean it was loud but not nothing like I had expected it to be. I know the DP has more potential then what I saw today. I'm kinda thinking about totally redoing my system now. Leaning toward an SQ system with a sub stage that will be designed for one think and one think only, LOWS! I have a ton of work coming up this summer so I should be able to have enough extra cash to really spice up my system. So be on the lookout for a new system....

I'm thinking about trying a fiberglass enclosure for the DP next. If that fails to I will probably try and get a single or dual 10's and base my system off from them. It will be a very high end system and I'm really hoping for a good result. I'll keep the DP for future use (if I don't reuse it in the F-150). Never know I might buy a car or a vehicle that has more space. Then I will bring the DP to life //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif .

Jon
aww man, I must say Im sorry to hear that. I thought that it should have sounded pretty good, but I guess you cant win them all. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

Good luck on the next one. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

ya man just do some testing with the enclosures. those woofers dont mess around //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif
Yea thats why I knew something was wrong with the enclosure. I know the DP is more powerful then what I saw today.

aww man, I must say Im sorry to hear that. I thought that it should have sounded pretty good, but I guess you cant win them all.
Good luck on the next one.
Yea, i was hoping it would but as the build continued I had a feeling that I would not be happy with the output of the box. KISS, Keep It Simple Stupid!!!!!

loud box=Big square/rectangle.
with external aeroports...

atleast in a single cab.
I wish I had room to fit ext aero's but owell. I'd rather have a low end monster then have a fart cannon.

I would have glassed that in a heart beat, instead of 100s of cuts with mdf.
But it still is cool.
Yea, I know what your saying. I wanted to try and see if I could really flex some of my woodworking skills with this box. I'm a little hesitant about glassing (it'll be my first time) but I think I'll still give it a try. For now I'll use my AP/SPL untill I have the funds built up to redo my system...

Thanks for the comments guys. This is not the last you were hear or see from me and my quest for reg cab bassdom...lol

Jon

sux man.

IB is done...i guess i won //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

but i miss loud bass sometimes //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

i might have to go back to sealed //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/uhoh.gif.c07307dd22ee7e63e22fc8e9c614d1fd.gif

Yea thats why I knew something was wrong with the enclosure. I know the DP is more powerful then what I saw today.

Yea, i was hoping it would but as the build continued I had a feeling that I would not be happy with the output of the box. KISS, Keep It Simple Stupid!!!!!

I wish I had room to fit ext aero's but owell. I'd rather have a low end monster then have a fart cannon.

Yea, I know what your saying. I wanted to try and see if I could really flex some of my woodworking skills with this box. I'm a little hesitant about glassing (it'll be my first time) but I think I'll still give it a try. For now I'll use my AP/SPL untill I have the funds built up to redo my system...

Thanks for the comments guys. This is not the last you were hear or see from me and my quest for reg cab bassdom...lol

Jon

Bah.

Who said anything about a fart cannon.

The MT 12" in my truck did like a 49.7 @ 35-36 hz.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.