IA DP 15" truck work log...

kickerlivinloud
10+ year member

Banning survivor
Ok I decided to get working on my new box for my incoming IA DP 15". This is by far the most complicated box I have every built. There is no way to show it in design, I'm kinda building it in place. Here are a couple pics of my progress so far...

Here are the first 2 peices...

BOXDP.jpg

Working around the stupid hump in the back wall.

BOXDP1.jpg

The real trouble is the humps on the side, they are at an angle and larger then the one I already have boxed in. You can kinda see them on the far side in the second picture. I'm heading back down to the shop to do some more work so expect more pictures coming...

Jon

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif at that hump. must be a ***** to have that

box looks nice

looks good....and btw

:handclap:2k posts //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/handclap.gif.0c301076f534e244f0460706894f19e0.gif

More pictures!!!!!!!!

Here is a picture of the back, this is at a slight angle which is causing all sorts of hell with trying to line everything up.

BOXDP2.jpg

Side piece is on but it is not cut correctly (fixed it after I took more pics)

BOXDP3.jpg

Another shot

BOXDP4.jpg

Don't worry, those are all temporary pieces. I have a crap load of extra MDF cuttings so I decided to use them. I wasn't really sure exactly how I was gonna do everything so I just used trial and error to figure out what works best

BOXDP6.jpg

Once again, those are all test pieces. The only "good" pieces I have are in the first 2 pictures. Pretty much the bottom, back, and the small hump.

BOXDP7.jpg

Here is what the internals looks like, I have a plan for them so when I'm done they'll be nice and clean.

BOXDP8-1.jpg

Another close up of the internal driver side.

BOXDP9.jpg

Well thats all I got for tonight. I started working on the box around 2pm this afternoon and its 9:30 now. I did redo my design a couple of times and I had a lot of displacements to play with (you'll see what I mean when I'm done). If all comes out well this will be 3.67ish@32Hz with 60"^2 of port. I was originally going to try 100"^2 then I went to 75 and now I decided 60 will work the best.

Comments, criticisms, and tips, are all welcome!!

Jon

Good work. I feel bad for those of you with regular cab trucks because my extended cab seems like it's enough of a ***** to work with.

It's also nice to see a box for a sub that you rarely seem to hear about anymore.

Its deffenetly a challenge but thats what makes it fun, lol. You should see me when I'm in there, its a pretty tight squeeze. I think I'm gonna head back down to the shop and do some more work so expect pictures to be on the way!

Jon

looks like a ***** to build, lots of glue, more glue, bondo, more bondo, then glass the 'be-jesus' out of the inside and you will have some badass bump as long as you own the truck.

and if you ever want to try a different sub you just do an easy baffle change //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

with all those little pieces i would definately glass the whole thing inside and out when im done with the carpentry.

maybe a few braces on the long sides also.

I'm uploading pics right now. I'm not real sure how its going to turn out though :/ Now that I see it coming together I'm getting worried it just won't work. I'm having to rethink my port design b/c I didn't think of how the shape would effect the box. I'm also not sure how the sub will fit either. I thought I had everything figured out but now that its going to gether I'm starting to worry a little bit. I'm pretty sure my original plans will work ok but I guess I'll just have to wait and see how it turns out.

Jon

Ok here are some pictures during the build...

Shot of the drivers side. All those pieces are finished.

BOXDP10.jpg

Internal of the drivers side...

BOXDP11.jpg

Shot of the drivers side in the truck

BOXDP12.jpg

Another shot of the drivers side in the truck

BOXDP13.jpg

What I have to work around. Passengers side

BOXDP14.jpg

First piece on..

BOXDP15.jpg

Over all shot of progress so far

BOXDP16.jpg

Passenger side is on

BOXDP17.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.