Sundown SML 10 Subs for truck

Participant count
  • Participant list

matslp488

CarAudio.com Newbie
Looking for a pair of 10s for my ext cab silverado… found these sundowns shallow mounts for a fair price… anybody have experience with these subs??? Looking for shallows mounts that will sound good and deep bass for my truck
E603A368-A776-4871-9CF9-627A35AAC6B9.jpeg

Yes… from what I’ve been reading it’s a newer model based on the SD line but these are slimmer for tighter spaces… my main concern is that I have a downfiring box And I wonder how far they stick out

Looks like a pretty nice driver. I could model it in BASS Box Pro for you with some additional information.

• What size is the box, ported or sealed?
  • How much clearance do you have between the face of the box and the floor?
  • If ported, what are the measurements of the ports cross section or diameter?
  • What is the port length?
  • If round, how many ports?
  • What amplifer are you going to use?
I've used the Pioneer and the Dayton's, the Dayton is about a little under a 1/2 inch shallow-er than the Sundown and they do sound really good in a 1.4 cubic foot box, ported at 32Hz..

Last edited:
the subs are Sundown SML10 model… I have a kicker cxa1200.1 amp already… I plan to get the 2 ohm model of the sundowns… I also already have a dual 10 downfiring box for under the rear seat of my ext cab truck Silverado…. When I got the box it came with 2 kicker cwrt10-4 subs and I noticed that one is damaged because it only hits when I press down on it so that’s why I plan on replacing both with sundowns

Then I would get the dual 4 ohm subwoofers and wire it to 1 ohm like in the link below. Those subwoofers are 500 watts rms so running them at 1 ohm and that amplifier would be just right when set correctly using a DMM or oscilloscope

Running them at 1 ohm and 1,200 watts would be a setting of 34.64 on the DMM. Sundown subwoofers are usually under rated so an extra 100 watts if that would be okay. Otherwise if you are concerned then 1,000 watts at 1 ohm is 31.62 on the DMM.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...