I want a LOUD 10" single driver front stage.. are these my only options

I have 4 of the Soundstream 10" midranges and they do get stupid loud... if properly enclosed they do have beautiful punchy midbass and can take plenty of power... I love mine and I myself will be putting them in my front doors soon hopefully if time and funds allow!

Coil burner, I was reading a build log on another forum and one guy went with those pyle pros. He said he was very impressed with them and would definitely buy again. Let me see if I can find it and link you to it

I'm sure a 10" would start beaming like crazy before it even reaches the bottom end of any tweet he plans to use
x2, I couldn't imagine having to deal with 10's in doors and trying to mate them to a tweeter. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

Well wont these 10's play up to 5k no problem?? Ive got st350's in my wall from 4.5k up, some 6.5" Peerless mids on the wall aswell topping at 6.3K

I dont mind adding a tweeter/fullrange SMALL speaker in the front door pod aswell...

Coil burner, I was reading a build log on another forum and one guy went with those pyle pros. He said he was very impressed with them and would definitely buy again. Let me see if I can find it and link you to it
Id love to see it, Ive had no luck finding anyone using them, especially these specific ones with the phase plug

Im only going to have one big speaker per door so 8 ohm seleniums would kinda be wasting my 2 ohm capable amp...
Im not a huge sq guy, and I dont care much for midbass, but I cant stand distortion or static
I would think that having just a SINGLE driver per door would give you nothing BUT midbass!

If you want a good full range sound, you would be better off with a 10 driver, a 4 - 6.5" mid-bass, and a tweeter.... I prefer silk dome tweets myself, since they are not harsh and staticy. Otherwise, you will end up with a soundstage that's all low end and midrange with lack of high end. I like those SoundStream SM-104's the best, on paper...never used them myself.

I read the thread. Anything above your subwoofer cutoff frequency and below your tweeters would be "mid-bass" or mid-range depending on what term you want to use.

Just a few posts ago you said you wanted ONLY drivers in the doors....now you're running tweeters?

Yeah those tweeters are going to scream.....! "Power handling: 15 watts RMS/30 watts max"

Are you fo-rellz??

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.