I want a LOUD 10" single driver front stage.. are these my only options

the seleniums have 98db sensitivity vs 89 for the pyles. That's huge.
that shoud make the decision easy - go with efficiency if you want output.

magnet depth may be an issue.

also, check the frequency response and make sure you have the ability to play to your tweeter HPF.

Well Im only going to have one speaker per side not 5 like you

Also whoever said the Pyle pros were 89db efficient is wrong, they are way higher

I just dont know if they would sound as good as the seleniums....

Whrere did you read on DIYMA that pyle pros were good?? Ive yet to find any incar builds or actual reviews that werent parts express

what you should also consider is the mounting depth of the drivers, that is one of the biggest issues ive ran into with putting 10's in doors.

The soundstream SST-104 is only 3.25'' deep and it was hard to make that fit right

I can fit 5" depth no problem they will be custom glassed off the door panel. But the less the better. The pyle pro is 3.5" aswell I think, its the selenium and b&c that are 4.7"

I'll go with whatever sounds best, per SINGLE driver.

Still looking for reviews on the pyle pros

I was told the selenium 10" I posted in the first post was an amazing speaker, but that came from people that listen to shopped n screwed music. I listen to rock. Where speakers matter...

that shoud make the decision easy - go with efficiency if you want output.
magnet depth may be an issue.

also, check the frequency response and make sure you have the ability to play to your tweeter HPF.
I'm sure a 10" would start beaming like crazy before it even reaches the bottom end of any tweet he plans to use

You think one of those per door in some solid door pods would scream on 300rms??

I have a good 12 band eq in my pioneer cd player with crossover point setting and everything

I think I'm one of the few on here with extensive pro audio knowledge so I'll give my 2 cents. First off you dont' need a 10 for your app, especially if your looking for midrange and are willing to cross at 125hz. Most 10's are 95-98db/1w/1m, most pro audio 8's are the same. They will get just as loud and 125 will be a non issue for both drivers. If you wanted to run them lower then the extra cone area might help, but 8's are ALOT easier to fit and a much better bet for what your doing... Those Pyle Pro's really arent' "good". Better than car audio style pyle, but the T/S parmaters are all over the place on each driver, that screams shotty build quality to me.. How much do you want to spend on drivers? B&C, Faital, BMS, there are alot of pro audio companies that make speakers that frankly blow away any car audio speaker in every aspect and have the SQ of a high end home audio speaker until about 105db's. Past 105 or so the home audio stuff begins to distort and then the PA kill it too lol. If I were you I'd save up and do it right. B&C makes great speakers adn they are pretty widely available, but even the cheaper ones are 115ish a speaker. However they'll sound ALOT better while getting just as loud.. Out of what you have listed I'd go with the seleniums. The Emencince have a really harsh rising response... Sounds wonky in any install that didnt' notch it. You will need to cross those seleniums over really high though, 125 would be a good starting point, even higher if you have enough power to run them hard. 1.25mm of xmax wont' do much, even with a 10... Like I said if you get a more expensive speaker you get shorting rings so the midrange will sound smooth, much better build quality and 4-8mm of max along with your 97db/1w/1m, just alot more capable speaker all around.

Well I was swaying towards buying the Pyle Pro 10's because I would get alot more fun out of my amp with them as they are 3 ohm a piece and would match perfect with my kicker kx650.4

I didnt want to go with an 8" as I only want one speaker per custom door pod, and I have room for the 10"... almost a 12" but a 10 would fill the room nicely, the pyles also come with a grill, these pods will be in a very kickable position

Im not a true SQ guy, I probably dont have a great ear, the only thing that really bothers me is distortion and harsh highs so I was thinking as long as these didnt do that ( I have a 12 band eq), but aslong as they didnt do that no matter what.

I thought it could be a cheap fun project. But I dont want to buy osmething that is going to sound like static on 300rms right out of the box, since I do plan on making full custom fiberglass pods for these

I was just hoping they actually had the specs they said they did, 500rms is huge power handling... but like I said I only have 300ish and have no problem crossing high anyways and killing them at 4-5khz and let the St350's take over

the soundstreams look good, but they spec out just like the ugly selenium 10's. They are 4 ohm I guess which is a plus.
I just want the loudest possible speaker I can put in a sealed door pod, preferably 10", that will just sing my ears away on linkin park and sound of madness type stuff.
6.5'' Image Dynamics CX62 midbass driver w/ 200w rms would be as loud & 10x better sq than those cheap things.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.