Getting loud and low with 400w

Deff need the space to get it done. Is getting Loud and Low on 400 Watts in a Noisy Road Rash Volumed vehicle even Possible without room for an enclosure and severe sound deadening, and some serious sealing things off?

I currently have a single sealed ID 12 running of the bridged ch5+6 of a D-6.1200.

It sounds good but I want something that can hit the low 25-30hz region better.

Right now I'm thinking ported 15 tuned around 28hz. A Rockford P1 or even JL 15WOv3. I just want the best possible low end with the 400w I have to work with.

Any other ideas or thoughts?
Cool to see an OG active, and a RC fan at that.

So I ended up buying the GRS 15SSW-4HE from Parts Express. Installed it today in my 3.7cuft sealed box and went for a test drive. Didn't get a chance to check the deep bass response but so far it sounds great. Definitely more overall output than the 12 which is expected.

Today I noticed Parts Express sells a Single 18 with two 18 passive radiators as a DIY kit. I REALLY want to try this out, but I would need about 1000w @ 4 ohms. It would also require me to re-wire the entire vehicle since I would need another amp...I have a US Amps AX-2000 I could put on it, but that thing loves current.

Decisions, decisions.

So I ended up buying the GRS 15SSW-4HE from Parts Express. Installed it today in my 3.7cuft sealed box and went for a test drive. Didn't get a chance to check the deep bass response but so far it sounds great. Definitely more overall output than the 12 which is expected.

Today I noticed Parts Express sells a Single 18 with two 18 passive radiators as a DIY kit. I REALLY want to try this out, but I would need about 1000w @ 4 ohms. It would also require me to re-wire the entire vehicle since I would need another amp...I have a US Amps AX-2000 I could put on it, but that thing loves current.

Decisions, decisions.
Use the Dayton reference series high excursion or ultimax subs for the passive radiators. Dual 2 ohm. Very nice sounding setup for sure either way.

Decisions, decisions.

Nice, let us know what you think after more time with it..

Couple weeks ago they had two of the 15"s on clearance (restocked) with an additional 25% off code for all clearance items.
For pair it would have been like 120.00 shipped, I wish I would have snagged them but I already got a pair of 15" Daytons just sitting doing nothing.

I've been hearing good things about this GSR sub on the DIY home audio forums.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...