I think my local audio shop screwed up, pics included

no.

if your subs are wired to 1 ohm you should either sit perfect at 1 ohm, or around .8-1.2 ohms or so.

you can touch your dmm leads together and you will get a reading. thats your leeway (should be .1-.2 ohms) and is considered your "0"

you should not be jumping a whole ohm one way or another.

1-3 is good, 4 and up id check it out.
ok will do, yeah on mine it has an auto setting i think or something, all i do is switch it to ohm setting and it should auto adjust. But one other guy says to disconnect the speakers from my amp, is this correct?

ok will do, yeah on mine it has an auto setting i think or something, all i do is switch it to ohm setting and it should auto adjust. But one other guy says to disconnect the speakers from my amp, is this correct?
power down and isolate. thats the ONLY way to check resistance.

I am from the south hills, but the place is called Audio Works on rt 51. My friends brother owns the place, they have never heard of the big 3 and the way my install went i am not a big fan of them anymore.
I work in the area down there, and I went to school with a guy who works at Audio Works.

CT

power down and isolate. thats the ONLY way to check resistance.
ok thank you, now how exactly do i disconnect the speaker wire? sorry a very newb question but is it like an rca cable or do i loosen a screw to undo the wires?

try to push the terminals or unscrew them. im not sure how those work. either do it at the amp or do it at the terminals.

also set your DMM to the ohm 200 section.

I work in the area down there, and I went to school with a guy who works at Audio Works.

CT
cool man, is he the owner there? His name is Matt. Really cool guy, its not like i am dissing audio works or anything its just that i am not happy with their customer service right now: not giving me my extra fuse that came with the amp, not using the 12 gauge speaker wire i gave them, and not using any wire ties thus using electrical tape. I mean my system hits hard but i just want to make sure they wired it correctly. I mean i am taking my car their next week to get the tint done, looking forward to see what thats gonna look like.

try to push the terminals or unscrew them. im not sure how those work. either do it at the amp or do it at the terminals.
also set your DMM to the ohm 200 section.
also should i disconnect the negative of the battery or anything to be safe? i mean i dont wanna get shocked or anything

OK guys so i just ran the test and am getting about 1.2 per terminal so this does not add up to me. The subs from there, 2 positive, and 2 negative then get joined together. So the one positive input on my amp is taking in 2 positive and 2 negative. Does this add up to a 1 Ohm load? And if i would re-wire those wires to a 12 gauge, do i just need to change the outside wire? or should i open up my sub box and re-wire those also?

yea those speaker wires are hella small. they probably have the same size, from the sub to the box terminals. i say go for 8ga speaker wires. but you get what you pay for, my friend got his system installed for 50bucks and they used 8ga power wire on his 1000 watt amp.

yea those speaker wires are hella small. they probably have the same size, from the sub to the box terminals. i say go for 8ga speaker wires. but you get what you pay for, my friend got his system installed for 50bucks and they used 8ga power wire on his 1000 watt amp.
I don't think i am going to use 8 gauge but i am going to order 20 ft of the 12 gauge stuff to rewire the subs to the terminals to the subs. And am going to give my shop a call and ask them why they did not use the speaker wire i included but instead used there extremely small stuff.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.