I think my local audio shop screwed up, pics included

Well It could be the amp because I just got the txa-1000d in beautiful amp btw but i had to turn the gain and bass all the way up for it to hit

they told me that it could be that i have a HU thats drawing out low volts and i need line driver forget that

id run bigger speaker wire to the amp, i like to use 12g

but i dont think it looks THAT bad, and if the rcas dont pick up any noise, who cares

One more question, as for box i looked up alpine type r's and they recommend them only to a 1.25 cu. - 1.75 cu. per sub in a ported enclosure net. So why isn't my 3.0 cu. ft net good enough for the subs i own? I know they are 4.082 cu ft. but net are 3.0 cu ft.
because manufacturer specs are usually just a cookie cutter recommendation.

we have members on here who have used and competed with these subs...nissen15 being one of them. search this website for what people have found to work best. me and my buddy used 1 12" as well but never competed. we used i believe a 2.5^3 box as well. was **** loud for 1 12" thats for sure.

also make sure your truly wired down to 1 ohm. if they couldnt follow most of your instructions what makes you think they followed that one?

how old are your subs? they look pretty new
Subs are brand new actually, fresh out of the box two weeks ago when they installed them. But as for the dmm i bought one at my radioshack along with wire ties. But how exactly do i do all of the tests for what ohm the subs are wired to and can i check anything else with this thing? Lastly are some pics of the dmm and of how the subs are wired right now. Also included is the pic of the ground spot. Please let me know how to use the dmm, how i should, if needed, re wire the subs, and lastly do you think i should unscrew the subs and re-wire the inside of the sub with 12 gauge since i can assume they did not do that?

Thanks in advance

pics:

img1168my9.jpg

img1169vq8.jpg

img1170be4.jpg

img1171at3.jpg

img1174qr5.jpg

On the DMM there should be a setting that has some sort of ohm symbal (its shaped like a horse shoe), after its set to that take the leads and touch them to the terminals on the box. It should say around 2 ohms, it may vary to 1-2 ohms though. If it doesnt, you will have to take the subs out of the box and rewire them too.

On the DMM there should be a setting that has some sort of ohm symbal (its shaped like a horse shoe), after its set to that take the leads and touch them to the terminals on the box. It should say around 2 ohms, it may vary to 1-2 ohms though. If it doesnt, you will have to take the subs out of the box and rewire them too.
should i disconnect anything? or can i just turn the dmm on and touch both of the terminals?

Did you switch the DMM to the ohms setting?

It might look like k with an ohm symbol after it.

Shut everything off when you test it.

EDIT: See the ohm settings in the lower left hand corner? Toggle all of them till you get a reading around 2 ohms.

DMM.jpg

Did you switch the DMM to the ohms setting?
It might look like k with an ohm symbol after it.

Shut everything off when you test it.
yup, i'll try it again tomorrow, its raining now and dont feel like going outside. But from what you are saying all i have to do is touch the red probe on the red terminal gold part? and the same with the black? And if it says 1-2 then i am good, but if it is like 3-4 i have to re-wire subs then?

when checking resistance power down and isolate.

meaning shut off your system, and disconnect the wires from the terminals on the box THEN check the terminals with the dmm

What shop was it, and what part of town are you from Mike?

CT
I am from the south hills, but the place is called Audio Works on rt 51. My friends brother owns the place, they have never heard of the big 3 and the way my install went i am not a big fan of them anymore.

yup, i'll try it again tomorrow, its raining now and dont feel like going outside. But from what you are saying all i have to do is touch the red probe on the red terminal gold part? and the same with the black? And if it says 1-2 then i am good, but if it is like 3-4 i have to re-wire subs then?
1-3 is good, 4 and up id check it out.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.