alternatives to an alternator

Imshirazy
10+ year member

dewd
CT
Hey guys, I was wondering if there are any other ways to get power than the car's alternator. I realized mine is not only incredibly wedged down there, therefore hard to access in my civic, but the bolts are so rusted each time I try to torque them out they just become stripped. Is there any other way to get more power for my setup? I know it sounds stupid but maybe adding a pulley to my rear axle or something...

yes please do the big 3 first. You can actually put a smaller pulley on your stock alt. But why the hell are you alt. bolts rusted to that point anyway?

It does sound stupid and would involve more work then doing a new alternator. Did you do the big 3?

all except adding a thicker wire from the alt to battery, because i can't get the old one out lol

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.