FEATURED Hyundai Cilantro.. I mean Elantra!

I am on the right track ;)

View attachment 57267
Absolutely. Just need some wire cutters and strippers. I use the hell out of mine. There are some others Ive use cheaper than Klein ones I have. Save a lot of time and quick cut and strip

Doing Car Audio installations and electrical work even around the house, I cant tell you how much wire Ive cut,crimmped,and stripped with this one. Its a nice cheap one though.

I am on the right track ;)

View attachment 57267
I always use them on the +/- inputs. On speaker inputs, it depends on the length needed. If, like on my Focal FDP 4.600 or Pioneer older PRS setups, they have those 90 degree input holes but the 45 degree tighitening screws, the ferules tend to be too short and you run the risk of breaking off ends of the crimped wire, never a good thing to have pieces of ferruled chunks of wire floating around anywhere. If anyone knows, has seen extended length 16gauge ferrules, point me too them!

I recently came up with a solution for this on my 16 gauge speaker wiring by doubling the ferrule crimp. These end up extending them long enough to go into my Focal and Pioneer amps.

1710100148925.png

Last edited:
Absolutely. Just need some wire cutters and strippers. I use the hell out of mine. There are some others Ive use cheaper than Klein ones I have. Save a lot of time and quick cut and strip

Doing Car Audio installations and electrical work even around the house, I cant tell you how much wire Ive cut,crimmped,and stripped with this one. Its a nice cheap one though.
I actually have this exact wire cutter/crimper

I always use them on the +/- inputs. On speaker inputs, it depends on the length needed. If, like on my Focal FDP 4.600 or Pioneer older PRS setups, they have those 90 degree input holes but the 45 degree tighitening screws, the ferules tend to be too short and you run the risk of breaking off ends of the crimped wire, never a good thing to have pieces of ferruled chunks of wire floating around anywhere. If anyone knows, has seen extended length 16gauge ferrules, point me too them!

I recently came up with a solution for this on my 16 gauge speaker wiring by doubling the ferrule crimp. These end up extending them long enough to go into my Focal and Pioneer amps.

View attachment 57268
Have you looked into something like these yet??

Have you looked into something like these yet??

I have, but found these to be even better for automotive use. The tips are gold plated and are pliable so the tightening screws don't rattle lose like they can with the solid pins.

ANd they're insulated!

Last edited:
I have the ferrules because unlike my RF Prime 1200, this Smart3 has only one positive and one negative speaker output. So I am going to put two positives in one ferrule and the same for the negatives, crimp and heat shrink, then install into the amp.

Ok, I need some help. Where do I install the 12v timer?

While the car was running and the music playing I pulled the power plug from the remote and it made the sub amp thump the subs just like when I turn the car off. If my brain is working correctly that tells me I need the amp to shut off BEFORE the remote... right? It can't thump the amp if there is no power to the amp... right? So I delay the remote from turning off for 2 - 4 seconds so the Smart3 can turn off then I should be good... right?

🤓

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...