Hyundai Sonata 2016 $1500 setup

Participant count
  • Participant list

lamarkus m

CarAudio.com Newbie
I’m trying to get a sound system into my hyundai sonata 2016. I’ve had sub systems in the past in previous vehicles. But this one I want to do better. I have a budget of 1500. I was thinking 2 american bass XFL 12s with either a taramps smart 3 or a JP23. I was going to just go shae prefab box. Do any one have any suggestions? I just want a legit setup that can last and is a good bang for my buck. Thanks!

You'll need to spend some money on electrical updates. I have a 2013 sonata and get some pretty bad light dimming running about 1500 watts. If I wasn't planning on selling this soon, I'd be adding an extra battery or bigger alt.

You'll need to spend some money on electrical updates. I have a 2013 sonata and get some pretty bad light dimming running about 1500 watts. If I wasn't planning on selling this soon, I'd be adding an extra battery or bigger alt.
I’ve never dealt with upgrading electrical.. any suggestions on an extra battery ?

I don't know too much about them myself as I won't be doing it till I get my next vehicle, so haven't done too much research. For cheaper options I see a lot of guys go with an agm. I'm planning on lithium. Smaller and lighter, but more expensive. I saw someone talking about "glow" something lately. Can't remember the name, but maybe @Doxquzme me can chime inSeems like a good price for what you get.

Edit: the lithium is called glow voltage.

Last edited:
The 2013 comes with a stock 110a alt. Not sure what the 2016 has. I'm running a crossfire vr1000d for the sub and a taramps 100x4( can't remember the model) bridged. Gains set at 150x2.

I’m trying to get a sound system into my hyundai sonata 2016. I’ve had sub systems in the past in previous vehicles. But this one I want to do better. I have a budget of 1500. I was thinking 2 american bass XFL 12s with either a taramps smart 3 or a JP23. I was going to just go shae prefab box. Do any one have any suggestions? I just want a legit setup that can last and is a good bang for my buck. Thanks!a
This would go a long way to alleviating the dimming issue, up to around 4000 watts. It can handle 100A continuous and up to 285A 7 second burst. Before dropping $500 on getting an HO alt and the corresponding electrical upgrades, this would be a viable option indeed.

Or this Mini version

If you have the room, I got that guys big brother, this one, BNIB $225 shipped!

Or one of these

Big AGM under the hood and a LiFePO4 in the back, parallel rund and grounds, all you will need. Cost less than an HO alt, less work to upgrade and better performance overall.

Last edited:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...