FEATURED Hyundai Cilantro.. I mean Elantra!

Even after trying the Limiter knob it still makes the turn off pop. I may have to relocate the switched 12v source for the knob. I have it tied into my 12v outlet on the lower center console below the radio. It only has power when the ignition is on though. I don't know... I am about two seconds away from just buying the D4S JP77 and be done with the whole multi amp thing.

Even after trying the Limiter knob it still makes the turn off pop. I may have to relocate the switched 12v source for the knob. I have it tied into my 12v outlet on the lower center console below the radio. It only has power when the ignition is on though. I don't know... I am about two seconds away from just buying the D4S JP77 and be done with the whole multi amp thing.
It might be a sequence issue...maybe the knob or amp is turning off too soon

I got the big three kit and my 1/0 ring terminals with heat shrink.

big3.jpg

I am so happy, I forgot that when I bought this Smart3 from this forum that I knew it had 4awg terminals so I bought some 1/0 - 4awg reducers for when I planned on hooking it up. I am glad I looked in my drawers because I forgot I bought them. Now I can run 1/0 to the Smart3!!!

20240307-203519-HDR.jpg

I just checked, my Knukonceptz 12awg speaker wire I have on my subs is CCA. So I ordered some 12awg SkyHigh oversized OFC speaker wire. Should be here in a few days.
It prob would have been fine for short runs and inside out of the elememts. But OFC is much better. I just recently snagged up some Sky High 10 ga for some those hawk 15s I recently put in a friends car. Very nice wire for sure for the $coin.

Got a few more things in the mail. I have the 12v timer for the turn off thump. I have a crap ton of ferrules of all different sizes. I have the flex loom for the 1/0 cables. Just waiting on my 12awg ofc speaker wires. They should be here Tuesday.

Got a few more things in the mail. I have the 12v timer for the turn off thump. I have a crap ton of ferrules of all different sizes. I have the flex loom for the 1/0 cables. Just waiting on my 12awg ofc speaker wires. They should be here Tuesday.
Man.. I really like using the ferrules for speaker and amp connections where I can. Make a Great solid connection and stay snug in the terminals. Great stuff.!!! Amazon has a great selection of kits with the mashing tool/crimp type tool. If you havent used them yet, it looks real nice to put heat shrink just on the ends and make a short looking connection /slick looking too. Let us know how you like or dislike them/your experiences with using the ferrules. Its a little more time invested and funds but worth every penny IMO.

Man.. I really like using the ferrules for speaker and amp connections where I can. Make a Great solid connection and stay snug in the terminals. Great stuff.!!! Amazon has a great selection of kits with the mashing tool/crimp type tool. If you havent used them yet, it looks real nice to put heat shrink just on the ends and make a short looking connection /slick looking too. Let us know how you like or dislike them/your experiences with using the ferrules. Its a little more time invested and funds but worth every penny IMO.
I am on the right track ;)

20240310-150528.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...