2020 Hyundai Elantra value edition amp and sub installation tips?

Participant count
  • Participant list

ledvedder
10+ year member

NJ
Hi everyone!

My journey started out to just replace my front door speakers, since the oem speakers were buzzing. So I put in some JBL 601CF components. Well now I've decided to put some JBL 621F 2 ways in the rear doors. I figured, while I'm at it, I'd like to install and amp and sub. I already have a Sound Ordnance powered sub that could fit possibly under the seat. But I worry about the vents that are under it. I'm looking for recommendations for a small form factor amp. Those JBL speakers are rated at 40-45 watts, so that's the max I'd need for an amp. Two that I'm considering are the Clarion XC2410 or the Kicker Key 200.4. The auto DSP tuning on the Kicker has me intrigued.

Also, I'd love if anyone that's installed and amp and/or sub in an Elantra could share any tips or tricks regarding how you did it. Or detailed instructions would be even better. I'd like to know where you pulled the feed from the stock head unit to the amp. Back of the radio, or somewhere else inside the car? Also, how you went from the amp to the speakers?

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated?

Hi everyone!

My journey started out to just replace my front door speakers, since the oem speakers were buzzing. So I put in some JBL 601CF components. Well now I've decided to put some JBL 621F 2 ways in the rear doors. I figured, while I'm at it, I'd like to install and amp and sub. I already have a Sound Ordnance powered sub that could fit possibly under the seat. But I worry about the vents that are under it. I'm looking for recommendations for a small form factor amp. Those JBL speakers are rated at 40-45 watts, so that's the max I'd need for an amp. Two that I'm considering are the Clarion XC2410 or the Kicker Key 200.4. The auto DSP tuning on the Kicker has me intrigued.

Also, I'd love if anyone that's installed and amp and/or sub in an Elantra could share any tips or tricks regarding how you did it. Or detailed instructions would be even better. I'd like to know where you pulled the feed from the stock head unit to the amp. Back of the radio, or somewhere else inside the car? Also, how you went from the amp to the speakers?

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated?
Have you considered drawing the audio signal from your rear speakers? Power for the amp will come from a fused power wire from the battery. Grond the amp to a chassis in the trunk. You will need to locate the turn-on wire from you headunit to power the amp on and off. I recommend looking at videos on you tube or looking fo stereo install literature online. Or look for a harness that allow you to plug into your factory harness and allows you to add an external amplifier. Run the wire directly from the amp to your sub. Good luck.

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure how I'll run the sub. I'll just tap into the rear speaker wires. But I'm unsure about how to run the amp for the 4 door speakers. Do I splice into the speaker wires behind the head unit, run the feed out to the amp, then from the amp, back to the spliced speaker wires behind the head unit?

I'm pretty sure how I'll run the sub. I'll just tap into the rear speaker wires. But I'm unsure about how to run the amp for the 4 door speakers. Do I splice into the speaker wires behind the head unit, run the feed out to the amp, then from the amp, back to the spliced speaker wires behind the head unit?
Which amplifier specifically? Most amplifiers on the market still have the High Level inputs to utilize rather than using the RCAs input. Hu speaker wires to High Level inputs and from amp to speakers. There should be a diagram that come with the amplifier manual to conduct this. Other than that an LOC can be used from HU speaker wiring to RCA connection to amplifier and from amplifier wire to speakers. I have sent some Recommendations in another thread you have for basicly the same question. Back in the 80s before HUs had RCA connections is was nothing but wires and we used the High Level inputs to make the addition of amplifiers within the system.

NO. That is not how to do it. Follow the instructions of the amplifier installation Manual

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...