FEATURED Hyundai Cilantro.. I mean Elantra!

Yeah, the SMART Taramps are better at dealing with low voltage. That said, if it drops like that may be either the size of the cable or the ground could be the choke point too. I've seen these Smart series lose substantial output due to poor grounding too. I would check to be sure. HO alternator won't help if it can deliver the current.
Deff got have a good ground. Im not too crazy about the HD or Smart3, but they do serve fed decently, but Ive experienced a couple better amplifiers in the 3k range that walk all over those two with authority. Still decent budget amps and hard to beat for the $coin.

I just went out and hooked up the Taramps Smart3. I am NOT impressed. It's hitting about as hard as the RF Prime 1200 but just when a good bass note hits the amp cuts off for a few seconds then slowly comes back on. No protect light and she ain't clipping.
Is it doing the boot up sequence with the lights on the knob? That's how I had found out my fuse between my batteries came up missing. As soon as the bass dropped my smart3 would shut off then do a reboot. It was a low voltage issue. I replaced my rear battery (it was toast from not getting a charge) and got a fuse in. Cleared that right up (I'm also running a 320 ho though)

Is it doing the boot up sequence with the lights on the knob? That's how I had found out my fuse between my batteries came up missing. As soon as the bass dropped my smart3 would shut off then do a reboot. It was a low voltage issue. I replaced my rear battery (it was toast from not getting a charge) and got a fuse in. Cleared that right up (I'm also running a 320 ho though)
It is exactly what it was doing. At least now I have a clue about it.... picky amp huh?

Have to feed the need man. Takes power to make power. Stock Electric alt and two batteries not going get it done man. Going need that HO Alt with at least 250a and two good agms and Big3, and 1/0-0ga supply. Supply for the demand for sure
People say that and here I sit with that Amplap Aurras set at 4,000 watts, 68ah AGM single battery under the hood, NO battery in back, with 1/0 of course and a 320 amp alternator and at idle at full tilt sits at 14.7 and the lowest on certain bass drops 14.0 and within a millisecond it rebounds to 14.7. Gotta love those Tractor Supply AGM'S at 150 bucks a piece :D and the J&S 320 amp 4G alternator for 379 :D. No issues running 4,000 watts and no issues with everything keeping up! Granted Korean vs Half-Bridge but even then the SIA was doing the same thing at 3,500 watts. Never at 14.0 for more then a millisecond.

Last edited:
People say that and here I sit with that Amplap Aurras set at 4,000 watts, 68ah AGM single battery under the hood, NO battery in back, with 1/0 of course and a 320 amp alternator and at idle at full tilt sits at 14.7 and the lowest on certain bass drops 14.0 and within a millisecond it rebounds to 14.7. Gotta love those Tractor Supply AGM'S at 150 bucks a piece :D and the J&S 320 amp 4G alternator for 379 :D. No issues running 4,000 watts and no issues with everything keeping up! Granted Korean vs Half-Bridge but even then the SIA was doing the same thing at 3,500 watts. Never at 14.0 for more then a millisecond.
I've got a battery in the rear because the biggest I could find to fit under the hood was 50ah and even with the 320a alt I felt more comfortable with more battery 😂

I can still push into the 13's if I run a lot tracks back to back like techmaster peb, bass 305 or bass mekanik at full knob 😳

Last edited:
Oh, the knob mounted...

20240304-164850-HDR.jpg

Oh, the knob mounted...

View attachment 57164
Ive ran many Pre-Amp EQs and wedged them inbetween the seat like that so i didnt have to cut out my dash or mount and leave screw holes elsewhere. Works Great and easy to get too. Ive even carried a bandana to cover it up or ?elsle if parked long tome in like a hospital parking garage ect. Looks like you got tuors screwed down pretty good man. accessible for sure man. Like it!!

Ive ran many Pre-Amp EQs and wedged them inbetween the seat like that so i didnt have to cut out my dash or mount and leave screw holes elsewhere. Works Great and easy to get too. Ive even carried a bandana to cover it up or ?elsle if parked long tome in like a hospital parking garage ect. Looks like you got tuors screwed down pretty good man. accessible for sure man. Like it!!
My thigh covers it when I drive but the knobs are all reachable. It's very secure.

Last system I used a total of 6 Orileys s. Start AGMs, with a 255a alter starts, Big3, two runs 1/0 plenty enough, on (4) Ist Gen.American Bass VFL hybrid 4480.1 on sub stage of (4)old school Alumin Cast. XFL 12s,@8.2 Cu ft @29 htz and Two old school Autotek BTS 7300s on Mids and two Autotek BTS 7050s on tweets and 1 7150 on Kicks. I was at 14.6 and would drop 13.2 on back to back tracks, but would jump right back up instantly after a single 3-5 min track from like 14.-v. Got some Oddysey Extreme(5) 31-pc2150 agms to try out this next time with a 320 amp alt for power supply. I think they will do so much better and Id like to see a little more than 14.6v. Ive got a small system atm. Im itching to get things back in!!! :poop: 👀 👀 !! its loud now to most, but Im used to a larger system usually

😩😩:poop:!!! LOL

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...