How to troubleshoot sub/amp problem???

Participant count
  • Participant list
running it @ 2ohms cant be good for it if it's only rated at 4ohms bridged. i'm not sure why anybody hasn't said a word about that. i get that it's running good now but don't be suprised if it does blow up. i'm not sure why you ran it this way anyways, it could have been ran 270x2 @ 2ohms which is what it's set to run bridged @ 4. but good luck with it.
he doesn't have a 2 ohm load per channel load to run it that way!

From what I gather, he has 4 x 2ohm coils - there is no way to configure 4 x 2ohm coils to give 2 x 2 ohm loads.

Yea, I know it is running at to low of an impendance but it is a $99 amp so if it blows big deal it will be a good excuse to upgrade.

I have $200 in the subs and amp and $60 in the enclosure and could not be more pleased with the results. I find it hard to believe there is a better sub than the RE Audio SRI10 for $49.00, this sub really thumps and is being under-powered. As soon as the Soundstream PCX2.540 blows or my son sells it we are going to replace it with something in the 800w-1000w range and really test the power handling of this "cheap" subs. I was thinking about RUB1.1000 or Audiopipe 1200, both can be had for less than $180.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.