how to set time alignment Kenwood dnx773bh

And she came!!

Alpine PXA-H800 Digital sound processor at Crutchfield.com

Gonna over tomorrow to installer guy's house and gonna do some mad installing! I bought sheet metal to attach and cover the holes in the inner door, cover it with Damplifier Pro (I'll post pics) and maybe a layer of BQuiet as well! I have a 50 ft roll.

And already with just the Alpine CDE-153BT into six R class Alpine speakers just sounded AMAZING and just on 17W per channel, and I'm gonna have 100W per four channels and one 500W subwoofer! Imagine what it will sound like optimally tuned! :)

John Kuthe...

I'm sure, but mono time correction may be almost as good as stereo.
John Kuthe...
I believe what Los was referring to is the overall autotune capability and known excellent results from JBL MS-8 in a wide variety of configurations and vehicles. It is a flawed DSP, but it was way ahead of its time.

Time correction/alignment is essentially based on distance, which doesn't require two microphones to set quickly and accurately. Two microphones and some brilliant hardware and software, on the other hand, can make a vehicle sound good in a very short amount of time. I know this from experience with MS-8. I have not used PXA-H800.

I believe what Los was referring to is the overall autotune capability and known excellent results from JBL MS-8 in a wide variety of configurations and vehicles. It is a flawed DSP, but it was way ahead of its time.
Time correction/alignment is essentially based on distance, which doesn't require two microphones to set quickly and accurately. Two microphones and some brilliant hardware and software, on the other hand, can make a vehicle sound good in a very short amount of time. I know this from experience with MS-8. I have not used PXA-H800.
Well I bought and just received an Alpine PXA-H800 DSP so I will let you know how it works! May have to buy a cheap Windows tablet or something with a USB port on it cause the PXA-H800 has a USB port like a printer, and comes with a printer USB to STD USB cable to connect to a Windows thing.

John Kuthe...

I'm sure, but mono time correction may be almost as good as stereo.
John Kuthe...
Unfortunately the alpine processor is not a simple plug and play, it requires 8+ hours of initial tuning andeven over a year of tuning, it will still sound better day by day. That being said, do not rely on the autotune, its not very good. You need to go manual and set crossover points properly along with manual time alignment and EQ. I can walk you through it if needed.

Thing about autotune is that it will either lower or boost frequencies depending on what it deems missing. Usually get really bad bass boosts when you let units autotune and introduce a lot of distortion to the amps at higher volume levels

Unfortunately the alpine processor is not a simple plug and play, it requires 8+ hours of initial tuning andeven over a year of tuning, it will still sound better day by day. That being said, do not rely on the autotune, its not very good. You need to go manual and set crossover points properly along with manual time alignment and EQ. I can walk you through it if needed.
Thing about autotune is that it will either lower or boost frequencies depending on what it deems missing. Usually get really bad bass boosts when you let units autotune and introduce a lot of distortion to the amps at higher volume levels
I'm pretty familiar with EQ adjustment, it's just a question of getting into the controls for it. Yes, I'd appreciate any and all help with tuning this system once we (my installer guy and I) get it all put together. I figure I'll use the auto-tune then fine tweak it from there. One step at a time.

John Kuthe...

I'm pretty familiar with EQ adjustment, it's just a question of getting into the controls for it. Yes, I'd appreciate any and all help with tuning this system once we (my installer guy and I) get it all put together. I figure I'll use the auto-tune then fine tweak it from there. One step at a time.
John Kuthe...
Does you guy know what a RTA is and how to use it?

It's a must have for tuning

Real time analyzer.

If you want the best it can be it's 100% mandatory. With that much processing power you have to understand what it's doing. If not you will get weird phase shifts and gaps in the response.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.