how to set time alignment Kenwood dnx773bh

And this is FALSE: "And we all have told you...". No, most here have just berated my lack of knowledge of modern auto audio knowlege and spent a lot of time vilifying me.

John Kuthe...

lol I quess the depressive side of your bi-polar personality read them and forgot

I decided I'm gonna cut off the back of the Boom Mats and use them more as a wave guide to direct the rear wave off the back of the speaker diaphragms to attempt to deaden it and avoid it coming around to the front and cancelling out some of the front waves. Kinda like a F.A.S.T Ring, but more substantial than the open cell foam the F.A.S.T Rings use!
Regardless of how you try to guide midrange frequencies off the back of the speakers, it will still bounce around the entire inner cavity of the doors and find its way back through the cones. I haven't tried anything special for dash speaker locations as far as treatments to influence the rear sound waves, but just as with the doors you would be better served with absorprtion. keep_hope_alive's method of cutting up fiberglass ceiling panels, wrapping them in 1 mil thick plastic, and taping them in place with foil-backed tape works well and costs very little in both money and time.

Put a lot of Damplifier Pro and maybe even some Luxury Liner to dampen those rear waves too!
See above re: absorption. Luxury liner may pose installation challenges when used behind door panels, such as being so thick that clips won't work when trying to re-hang the panels. It's been years since I took a serious look at Luxury Liner, so maybe I'm wrong about the thickness. I have Sound Deadener Showdown's MLV and CCF products in/on my doors, plus I have 3M Thinsulate Acoustic on top of the closed cell foam. It took a lot of work to make all that material fit, and even then one screw on each door panel is now unusable because part of the panel bulges outward.

To the OP, I apologize for contributing to your thread derailing. I hope this is informative.

I got out of IT and became a RN so I could get a reasonably well paying good secure job that's very hard to outsource! Can't easily outsource or automate direct patient care! I can't stand the volatility of the IT job market!

I keep telling everyone here, I am using Chrysler's stock speaker mounting locations because it's terribly easy. I'd LOVE to design and build a vehicular listening room on wheels that so many of you seem to tout! But I also have many other uses my vehicle needs to perform right now. Maybe when I buy an all electric vehicle (Nissan "Leaf" being considered right now) I'll have that perfect listening room on wheels designed, built and installed by JML Audio here in STL! When I have the big bucks!

John Kuthe...

struct forumNoob

{

bool joboutsourced;

bool knowsEM;

};

main()

{

forumNoob JohnKuthe;

forumNoob Souldrop;

enum degrees {IT, CS, EE, Physics = 69};

if((IT{

JohnKuthe.joboutsourced = true;

JohnKuthe.knowsEM = false;

}

if (Physics>=IT)

{

Souldrop.joboutsourced = false;

Souldrop.knowsEM = true;

}

cout

return 0;

}

struct forumNoob{

bool joboutsourced;

bool knowsEM;

};

main()

{

forumNoob JohnKuthe;

forumNoob Souldrop;

if((IT{

}

if (Physics>=IT)

{

Souldrop.knowsEM = true;

}

cout

return 0;

}
lol you'll need better annotation for john to understand, as basic as it is

struct forumNoob{

bool joboutsourced;

bool knowsEM;

};

main()

{

forumNoob JohnKuthe;

forumNoob Souldrop;

if((IT{

}

if (Physics>=IT)

{

Souldrop.knowsEM = true;

}

cout

return 0;

}
Actually when IBM let me go it was part of a much larger of IBM divesting employees so that by June of 2003 IBM had laid off 15,001 employees worldwide and I was the ONE!

I tried to get as job in computers again to no avail and decided I'd have to change careers again! And I did, now I'm an RN. Outsource THAT!

John Kuthe...

Ooo, and this thread was originally about time correction!! Look what I found about my Alpine PXA-H800's time correction! Single microphone but multiple positions!! COOL!!

14859819_1174081489318996_4105250383959339015_o.jpg

John Kuthe...

I believe what Los was referring to is the overall autotune capability and known excellent results from JBL MS-8 in a wide variety of configurations and vehicles. It is a flawed DSP, but it was way ahead of its time.
Time correction/alignment is essentially based on distance, which doesn't require two microphones to set quickly and accurately. Two microphones and some brilliant hardware and software, on the other hand, can make a vehicle sound good in a very short amount of time. I know this from experience with MS-8. I have not used PXA-H800.
I have discovered my Alpine PXA-H800 can read up to six microphone positions!

14859819_1174081489318996_4105250383959339015_o.jpg

John Kuthe...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.