How much to install the following equipment?

1hawaii50
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
I was just wondering what a typical install would cost to install the following components in a 2008 Suburban.

Dynamat Xtreme for both front doors

Morel Dotech Ovation 6 components for front doors with tweeter mounted in the sail panels

Woofers mounted to MDF rings

Arc Audio Co-ax's for the rear doors

2-10" Diamond Shallow subs in the rear cargo area

Rockford Fosgate "25 to Life" power 1000 5 channel amp

Diamond D1 250.2 2 channel amp

Both amps will be built into a "false floor/carpeted box" in the cargo area

JL Audio Cleansweep

All wiring run under carpet or sill plates

My co-worker has purchased all of this equipment and is looking for an installer. I'm by no means an expert, but I can do the installation and make it look pretty good. My question is, what would be a good price to charge to install all of this for him. Keeping in mind that the box for the subs will be pre-built, the subs will just need to be dropped in and screwed down. I would be building a 48"x14"x6" carpeted box from 1/2"MDF to house the amps/cleansweep. The actual tuning of everything will be done by a local shop. I offered to help him with the install, but he's too lazy to get involved, and would rather pay somebody...so I figured if he's going to pay, it might as well be me. Any ideas on what it would cost for an install for all of this stuff, so I have an idea on what to charge?

that wont be cheap, i can tell you that right now.

EDIT: i see that you're installing it //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

if its your friend, dont rip him off. Just make him pay you enough to make it worth your while, + a case of beer

Thasalottawork
I know, wiring out the wazzoo! I figured $200 would be a decent figure. I figure I've got a good 2 full days or 3-5 partial days in it. He's not afraid to throw money around, so I don't want to short-change myself either.

that wont be cheap, i can tell you that right now.
EDIT: i see that you're installing it //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

if its your friend, dont rip him off. Just make him pay you enough to make it worth your while, + a case of beer
I had every intention of helping him install it for a very modest price. I've done all of the homework on the system build, as he didn't want to be bothered, just wants the finished product. Now he tells me that he just doesn't want to mess with it and would rather just pay somebody to install it. I've already got numerous hours in this just taking measurements, researching components, and spec'ing out the sub box and the amp box.

sometimes it can bite you in the a$$ if he's not 100% happy with the install and you won't be insured if something breaks. really depends on how good of a friend he is. i

Don't go thinking it will take one day to finish all that, unless your leaving the factory speaker wire, even then maybe not. Factor in the false floor, your looking at 2 full weekend days IMO.

We had days installing my **** where we busted ass all day and it seemed like we got nothing done. Start at 11am, blink and it's dark out.

I usually help my friends out only for the beer consumed during the work //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif if he isn't going to help 200 seems like a good figure.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.