How much area for sound to exit from downfire box

Participant count
  • Participant list
How many in^2 of area do you have for the exit holes under the box? That's what I always look at, just like how you'd design a t-line, based off the Sd of the woofer, somewhat. Like, if you have a total bottom opening surface area that's at least the Sd of the sub or maybe the Sd + port area net, then it sort of shows a relative restriction won't happen, because the bottom of the box has more radiating area than all radiating surfaces of everything in/on the box. That's one way to look at it.
Buck be da (box) MAN!

Buck, great idea. I did that tonight, and it actually didn't wheeze like a fat guy trying to run a marathon. I am going to put two windows that match the front 3 on each side and call it for now. Doxquzme, I am sure your plan would work as well, certainly better than what I am going to do. I kind of like the look of the arches. I am far from a SQ guy, I just wanted some bass to go along with the mids and highs.

I am going to have to come up with a good way to hold it down though. It dances around like crazy. I had to lean on it to keep it from rattling. Every box I have ever built was carpeted and either bolted in place or held in with the seat. I bought some adhesive rubber weatherstrip to go under it to help dampen it.

Thanks for all the help and suggestions.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...