How many OLD SCHOOL audio fanatics are on this forum?What do I mean by"oldschool"?

what year are you from?

• Total voters
I am not oldskool..But i have some older stuff.

Usa 2000x

usamp004.jpg

DD9015

ddsub2.jpg

Good thread.

got myself one like i was talkin, hows that thing holdin up for ya?
Im running it still at 1k and it blows away my Alpine Mrd-M1005 that puts out 1k and 1800Peak... I have my FI Bl dual 2 coming on Wed so I can run it at 2K //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif :) I love this amp man. Feels good to have something that other people ask...What the hell is that...Know what I mean?

Im running it still at 1k and it blows away my Alpine Mrd-M1005 that puts out 1k and 1800Peak... I have my FI Bl dual 2 coming on Wed so I can run it at 2K //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif :) I love this amp man. Feels good to have something that other people ask...What the hell is that...Know what I mean?
i know what u mean. i hope u have some good electrical to back that guy up at 2000 watts. im havin a few minor issues myself

I remember when Phoenix Gold was a company in Portland, OR. and made incredible hand made amps, eq's, etc. I remember cranking Led Zeppelin on my 8 track factory deck in my 1968 Chevelle SS 396. The 8 track tape was pink...Anyone remember that???

i know what u mean. i hope u have some good electrical to back that guy up at 2000 watts. im havin a few minor issues myself
Honestly, I am getting almost no dim at all with this amp (makes NO SENSE) as with my Alpine (supposed to be digital and more efficient) I was getting slight dim. 0 gauge with Hc800 has been doing great with 1k. I have plans for 200A alt for later as I am sure this setup will need it at 2k.

What probs are you having?

Honestly, I am getting almost no dim at all with this amp (makes NO SENSE) as with my Alpine (supposed to be digital and more efficient) I was getting slight dim. 0 gauge with Hc800 has been doing great with 1k. I have plans for 200A alt for later as I am sure this setup will need it at 2k.
What probs are you having?
wow,lucky u //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif the 200 amp will definately help! im having major voltage drops, to where my amp gets scorchin hot and shuts down, but i spoke with a dude named cliff at ohio generator and he said i should actually get rid of the big 3 and run ALL my grounds to same main spot so they all see the same feed. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif i guess im gonna give that a shot on top of another 2400 in the rear and possibly some type of module that basically gets all of your electronics in your car up to par with the extra voltage. i love doin this shiit man, its fun as hell but comes with plenty of aggervation //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/furious.gif.fc81ca146dbff91fede3ed290dbc4f4c.gif

wow,lucky u //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif the 200 amp will definately help! im having major voltage drops, to where my amp gets scorchin hot and shuts down, but i spoke with a dude named cliff at ohio generator and he said i should actually get rid of the big 3 and run ALL my grounds to same main spot so they all see the same feed. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif i guess im gonna give that a shot on top of another 2400 in the rear and possibly some type of module that basically gets all of your electronics in your car up to par with the extra voltage. i love doin this shiit man, its fun as hell but comes with plenty of aggervation //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/furious.gif.fc81ca146dbff91fede3ed290dbc4f4c.gif
Hmm One thing I did notice is how hot my amp does get(has never shut down yet) Im going to get some temps with a gun soon....But it seems I have to bump with my seats down for air flow. Planning on putting an computer fan on the left side where the hotspot seems to be. Does my amp have a temp protection?

Hmm One thing I did notice is how hot my amp does get(has never shut down yet) Im going to get some temps with a gun soon....But it seems I have to bump with my seats down for air flow. Planning on putting an computer fan on the left side where the hotspot seems to be. Does my amp have a temp protection?
yeah, it SHOULD just turn off before doin any damage. the fan deal is probably a good idea, at least it cant hurt. really with any amp, it tends to sound better with the seat down

This is an oldie but goodie an 8ch ADS 8 x 40rms watts per ch...or bridged pairs 120rms such as 4 x120 very nice built in crossover...under rated very very clean sound....//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

ADS830x001.jpg

ADS830x003.jpg

ADS830x002.jpg

I am selling some old school speakers in the Classifieds section that some of you may or may not remember. A pair of like new Cerwin Vega CS-18A 6x9 HED's, a pair of a/d/s 200i plates, and a super rare pair of Magnum Professional 6x9 components with surface mountable midrange/tweeter modules. All cast aluminum frame construction with brushed aluminum grills. All speakers are fully functional contact me for additional details.

The only other 6x9's at the time that compared to the Magnum's or CV's were the JBL T545's or when the Jensen Coax II's & Triax II's came out they were on par.

These were used in the days when the best system around was the Alpine 7307 Cassette Head Unit, the 3011 mini-Eq with the 3001 time delay module (or the 3001 full size unit) feeding a pair of 3002 (50W + 50W) amplifiers. I later added a (long before Rockford) Fosgate PR-2100 Type II amplifier to the setup. A friend of mine had a similar setup but he used a Nakamichi 350 portable tape deck as his source. This is before subwoofers came to be.

The a/d/s Power Plate 100 feeding a pair of L300C's and a Power Plate 80 feeding some L200C's in the front also sounded fantastic.

To go way, way back you would have to have the Pioneer TP-900 (Underdash 8 track) or the TP-9002 in-dash coupled with a Clarion 100-EQB (15W + 15W) or the bigger 300-EQB (35W + 35W) with power output LED's on either side feeding some Jensen Triaxials in the rear deck or doors. This was top notch stuff in the late 70's.

Hey guys, good thread. Back in the late '80s, I got my first taste of "high end" car audio when a shop owner demo'd his Chevy Blazer that he used in competitions and had some nice trophies to show for it. He competed in 50watts and under class with 1 Punch 45, a set comps in the front and a 12" RF sub in the back. I was amazed at how good and how "big" it sounded. How can build I something like that today? How much power were those Punch 45s putting out? Do you need a lot of signal processing\equalization to get good sound? Hell, my first system wasn't even a DIN head unit. It was a dual-knob AM/FM tape player with a swapmeet Pyramid EQ, 2 8" Kicker Free Airs in the rear deck and stock speakers in the front in my 81 Honda Accord. Yeah...those were the days.

I collect the US Amps. I have 5 old schools with one on the way and I have an MD.22. When I get my new one I'll post pics. But I also have a PPI ProMos 450, a PG M44, and a couple older, smaller PPI's. I use the ProMos in my car and I love it. It's hard to beat those old school amps.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...