How many OLD SCHOOL audio fanatics are on this forum?What do I mean by"oldschool"?

what year are you from?

• Total voters
I've been competing since 1988........Started in IASCA 0-50 watt class.
I've still got a 1st Generation Orion 225HCCA and a 75x2 PPI Art in storage. Ran those and the Autotek 7050XX, which you can't find anywhere anymore, I'd love to get my hands on another one of those.

Yes,I would love to get the autotek...I had an autotek pushing my mids an highs in one of my competition days.I dont remember what model but it was a total of 160 watts I believe 40 x 4 and it got HOT!! I was using it to power 1 infinity kappa(oldschool green) 6.5 component set and 1 pair 6.5 infinity coaxil and 1 pair of 5.25 kappas.Keep in mind these were about 140watt rms speakers at the time.They had huge magnets then.I believ I was running at 2 ohms and that amp sounded phenominal.I registered 141dbs using this amp along with a punch 200 and a kenwood amp....Under 500watt class.Thats what Im talking about.141 with under 500watts....cant do that anymore //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

what about the old lanzar before they sold out and went soft. i use to have 15" lanzar pros with 2 soundstream reference 500s. and the old US amps and JBL gti series. i miss those old days but its time to get with the new!

I started in the 86 to 90 era. I remember when 2 15's and 400 watts was insane. Hell I had an old Lanzer Opti 500 did 1000 rms at 4 ohms. It took 2 batteries and bigger alt to keep it from stalling my car. That was power. I still have a Rockford Power 650 I bought in 92. If I had a scanner I would show you guys some old systems I had. I had 12 12" Kicker comps, 6 15" Petras Prowlers, 6 " Petras Cardiacs, 8 12" Kicker Comps, and to many more to list. Loved those days. For competing if all your car did was buzz at 60 hertz you were in last place, nobody gave a sh+t about that they wanted to sit in it and not breath and hear the music just as loud. Every car was judged on install, clarity, loudness and etc, not just a buzz. If you could not roll the strip with it then you did not bring it.
Thats exactly what Im talking about...It feels good not to be alone LOL!

Thats what Im talking about.141 with under 500watts....cant do that anymore
Sure you can. I was around 139.xdB with 200W, in a cave of a cabin and with absolutely no attention paid to SPL whatsoever. In an install where someone would actually care about SPL, that's more than achievable //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I am from the 91-98 area, first competition was in 95 a Iasca event in Cincinnati. I was running a Hifonics Hercules vii on subs and a Odin vii on my highs. Set Rockford punch 12's (the Box that Rocks) remember those. Dont remeber the mids but I did like a 137 in my 92 Beretta on the old Audiocontrol. Those were the days. I also collect vintage audio equipment. Still using some 23 series kenwood amps in my wifes explorer.

I plan on tryin my Orion 2100HCCA on my 18" BTL to see what it will do to it, I would love to say im pushing that sub with 200watts. LMAO
LMFAO!//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif yeah cheater amps are great //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

remember those kenwood amps ? the 820 , 920 1020 ?....the 920 was the first real amp i ever bought....i had it hooked up to some old kicker c-12's...the ones without the stiched surrounds...lol..

i graduated from that system to a rockford fosgate prefabed full range box.....anybody remember the big 15 inch gray box that came with 2 15's 2 mids 2 horn tweeters and 8 ports? 4 on top 4 on the bottom.....??....it was branded THE BOX THAT ROCKS....??? it was hooked up to a hottsetup 2.125 amp , which was made by orion.......man those were the days......lol

remember those kenwood amps ? the 820 , 920 1020 ?....the 920 was the first real amp i ever bought....i had it hooked up to some old kicker c-12's...the ones without the stiched surrounds...lol..
i graduated from that system to a rockford fosgate prefabed full range box.....anybody remember the big 15 inch gray box that came with 2 15's 2 mids 2 horn tweeters and 8 ports? 4 on top 4 on the bottom.....??....it was branded THE BOX THAT ROCKS....??? it was hooked up to a hottsetup 2.125 amp , which was made by orion.......man those were the days......lol
Yeah I remember all those LOL!I actually had a friend that had the box that rocks and it was stolen out of his vehicle.Yea,those were great for a basic set up and quite abit louder than some of todays "basic setup"...Man now Im feeling old lol!Im 34 years old now and started installing car audio with my older friend when I was 12 years old.All I could think about was getting a car when I was 16...the funny thing was,I just wanted a car so I can put a system in it...forget about being able to drive LOL

Yeah I remember all those LOL!I actually had a friend that had the box that rocks and it was stolen out of his vehicle.Yea,those were great for a basic set up and quite abit louder than some of todays "basic setup"...Man now Im feeling old lol!Im 34 years old now and started installing car audio with my older friend when I was 12 years old.All I could think about was getting a car when I was 16...the funny thing was,I just wanted a car so I can put a system in it...forget about being able to drive LOL
Hell, I had a system before I had a car LOL. Back in the day I just wanted to be the loudest in the high school parking lot.

i am 33....when i was 11 or 12 i would go to the basement of my grandparents and take a old car battery and charger, and i had a very old school pyramid amp...(we used to call them heaters..lol)...hook it up to a radio shack 12 in a home speaker box ....the sound would come from a walkman cd player.......i would set in there for hours booming my g-pa out...lmao.......eventually he would come out there and yell....TURN THAT SH1T OFF THE PICTURE FRAMES ARE FALLING OFF THE WALLS!............hahahahahahah!!!

i bought my rf box and amp before i had a car....then after i bought the car i installed my system and mainly set in the driveway because i had no license to drive,,,plus the car never really ran to good to start with........this is a blast from the past...lol

i bought my rf box and amp before i had a car....then after i bought the car i installed my system and mainly set in the driveway because i had no license to drive,,,plus the car never really ran to good to start with........this is a blast from the past...lol
THAT IS FREAKIN HILLARIOUS MAN LMFAO!!! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rotflol.gif.b453361716769b8110ddefc85ff03cd2.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/bowdown.gif.b85b23b82970bd22fb6b549c3392f016.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...