How good are Digital Designs Woofers?

what model is that
The 9100 series is made for SQ, but its pretty pricey. I have owned every series from 512 to 9512 Composite cone and can be made to sound pretty **** good daily. Smaller box with tune around 35hz and a little less port area than recommended and they sound pretty crisp and punchy, although it may never be confused with a SI Mag

I purchased a dd1010 on another forum with a ported enclosure and it should be here this week. I know that was their entry level sub, but I couldn't pass up the deal I managed to get!

i have a 3515e in a large ported enclosure and it definately gets LOUD, and my girl has a 2512 in a small ported enclosure and its clean crisp punchy bass...

still one of the best woofers available
Depending on your needs. I had a 9515 before. Did it get loud? Yes, but musically, I'll take several other drivers over it. Then again my tastes have changed. I tend to like my setups to get low, accurate, have a smooth response, and blend well with the front stage. I'd say it takes the concept of SQ but bumps the loudness up a bit, not to the point where most people, whether or not in car audio, couldn't handle it.

They are nothing particularly special. If you're looking to achieve high-output over a small bandwidth with less-than-stellar distortion performance, they are among the better brands out there.

They are nothing particularly special. If you're looking to achieve high-output over a small bandwidth with less-than-stellar distortion performance, they are among the better brands out there.
Oh no you didn't!
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Depending on your needs. I had a 9515 before. Did it get loud? Yes, but musically, I'll take several other drivers over it. Then again my tastes have changed. I tend to like my setups to get low, accurate, have a smooth response, and blend well with the front stage. I'd say it takes the concept of SQ but bumps the loudness up a bit, not to the point where most people, whether or not in car audio, couldn't handle it.
I think I know the dd your talking about....It said it needs a friend so I have to get it a friend if you know what I mean:D

would you guys take a DD 9515 or a juggernaut 15, if you were looking for something that hits really hard, but still has good sound quality, or a 13w7?
If you want earbleeding loud go with dd9515. If you want to be raped by horribly overpriced subs get a W7

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.