How far can you go on stock alt?

So I e-mailed Tenny alts and here's the response:
220 amps does abou 140idle

$325 Free powder coating

Lifetime warranty

Takes up to 3 weeks to build this type of unit i have to custom make the stator for high amp

Is there anything wrong with that ebay alt I posted in the OP?

Da*m that's low lol. How do you like the Z v.3's? I'm sorta wanting just one, but depending on funds I might get two..
Love the ZV3s!! ****** woofers forsure!! I was doing 146-47 with a single 12 now im **** near hitting 150 with 2!

Check out Ohio Generators, best alts out there and great customer service!

Thanks guys, I'm going to look into a few companies and get some quotes. I just hope I don't pay a ton for a Alt and require more power down the road. I doubt I'll need anything greater than 250 amps ever.

Thanks guys, I'm going to look into a few companies and get some quotes. I just hope I don't pay a ton for a Alt and require more power down the road. I doubt I'll need anything greater than 250 amps ever.

Love the ZV3s!! ****** woofers forsure!! I was doing 146-47 with a single 12 now im **** near hitting 150 with 2!
Check out Ohio Generators, best alts out there and great customer service!
147, **** that's preddy good for one 12 what tune? PM me man.

What do you mean by require more power down the road?
Like if I were do go to more power as in a big amp 5k+ rms.

Go with the DB elcetrical or Powermax USA alt on ebay. There is nothing wrong with them. For what your doing it will be just fine. Now if you were plannin on running 10k or 20k and a ton of woofers id say spend more. But youll be fine.
The reason i say go with Tenney is its a lifetime warranty man. Ohio only does a 1 or 2 yeear. Mechman does like 2 or 3 year warranty. Dopnt know about EA or Iraggi. Tenney caught my eye and i went that route
Yeah I'm thinking I might get this 180 amp alt for $22 from powermax USA. Should fit my needs well.

Go with the DB elcetrical or Powermax USA alt on ebay. There is nothing wrong with them. For what your doing it will be just fine. Now if you were plannin on running 10k or 20k and a ton of woofers id say spend more. But youll be fine.
The reason i say go with Tenney is its a lifetime warranty man. Ohio only does a 1 or 2 yeear. Mechman does like 2 or 3 year warranty. Dopnt know about EA or Iraggi. Tenney caught my eye and i went that route
DBelectrical is garbage. I ordered two of their "220" amp ones and it was worse than my stock 135amp. They had some stupid excuse when I called them, so I just returned it.

Like if I were do go to more power as in a big amp 5k+ rms.

Yeah I'm thinking I might get this 180 amp alt for $22 from powermax USA. Should fit my needs well.
Well your only option then really would be dual alts + hella batteries if one HO alt isnt enough

Well I'm going to see how my funds go, but I need to get my electrical setup right before I go adding more stuff to my car and dropping voltage like crazy. Amp for my mids/run 1/0 get a rear bat then HO alt, I'm guessing I'll either get one of these Powermax alts or singer/mechman/EA etc.. Then will come the new substage and what not. Get's expensive quick haha!

Do not get some ebay alt if you want it to last. They are cheap for a reason. Also, I'd avoid Iraggi like the plague, awful history for a lot of people there. And Mechman alts seem to work good when they work, but he has some iffy business past that I wouldn't want to deal with.

Tenney (totally forgot about them earlier)and Singer would be my two first picks. EA and Ohio are both great options as well. DC Power is decent, they just take FOREVER to build, but they are local to me, so that's kind of convenient.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.