How to use test tones without blowing stock vehicle speakers?

Participant count
  • Participant list

boscher50

CarAudio.com Newbie
idaho
I bought a volt meter and oscilloscope.
Wanted to check for clipping, voltage etc.
But when I turn up my system to like 13 of 63, it sounds like the stock speakers (door speakers etc. aftermarket subs are disconnected, vehicles stock sub is still working because I'm using the PAC AmpPRO SUB Advanced Amplifier Interface [APSUB-GM61])
It sounds like if I turn this thing up to .... 3/4th volume or... 51 (out of 63)
I'm going to send this thing into outerspace.
I've already replaced one door speaker just from "normal" use. How do I do these tests (oscilloscope or voltmeter) and actually use a test tone?? even afraid to "set the gain by ear" because the rest of the system is taking the 40/50hz tone and pumping it

Disconnect the OEM sub, set eq halfway accross the board, turn off bass boost/loud option, if the interface is on front or rear, fade to that side.
it kind of sounds like the test tone is coming through every speaker in the vehicle. there are 16 of them. i will have to check if i can disconnect the sub from the stock amplifier cuz that is easier to access than getting behind the radio... pretty sure at the very least the lower door speakers are pushing this tone. if i turn it up, im afraid they will need to be replaced. makes me nervous. thanks for your insight i will check if i can easily disconnect the stock subwoofer. thanks again

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...