How far will my 2k RMS Tesla drive?

Participant count
  • Participant list
EV mandates.
Not enough lithium, copper, silver, etc. on the planet to turn every car on the road into battery powered. Many municipalities have rolling blackouts NOW because their power grid can't hang with demand and Europeans are looking at 5000$ a month plus light bills already.

I'm sure the well connected are making a fortune with this wealth transfer and there's a lot of true believers that think they can magic up free energy and unlimited supply of batteries and everybody can drive a Tesla (let them eat cake!), but at the end of the day I think we're a long way off from basically 80% or more of the population doing without owning a personal vehicle whatsoever. By the time it got to that I think car audio would be the least of your worries.

Anyway, Europe has already been saying they're banning internal combustion engines for a while now and they keep moving the goalpost of when the date will be and that's a place where most people can't afford to own a car and certainly don't have the infrastructure and culture built around the automobile that we do. If they can't wish that into existence it isn't happening here.

I’ll likely be dead by the time any of us have to worry about not being able to put stereo systems in electric cars.

So I’m good with no worries, and will continue to drive my gas guzzlers as well.

Or at least until they rot out and I find another gas guzzler.:giggle:

C92-C23-A0-B3-F5-47-A5-B8-B4-2-BCAF607-E33-C.jpg

I’ll likely be dead by the time any of us have to worry about not being able to put stereo systems in electric cars.

So I’m good with no worries, and will continue to drive my gas guzzlers as well.

Or at least until they rot out and I find another gas guzzler.:giggle:

C92-C23-A0-B3-F5-47-A5-B8-B4-2-BCAF607-E33-C.jpg
Dammn !! Thats a good looking ride!! Thats one my favorite colors too!! Very Nice 👀 👀 💩

Dammn !! Thats a good looking ride!! Thats one my favorite colors too!! Very Nice 👀 👀 💩

I'm in Ohio so it has some rust, you wouldn't want to look under it, lol. I can do the body work it needs, just haven't gotten to it yet. I'll say it is a pretty nice color in person, it's the Ivory Pearl Tri-coat, probably a bi**h to color match though. :LOL:

And yes the MPG is not good. :poop:

I didn’t want to mess with my daughters EV, so I just made a small stand alone with 6x9s. It’s around 75 watts rms and fairly loud actually. Real bass is missing, but I’m thinking if I combine this type of design with some passive radiators I can probably get some actual bass from it. Bigger versions could be made with a small subwoofer in the back running on lithiums and some speaker wires running to pods up front with a couple of decent coaxials. You could definitely do something with a lithium bank on a larger scale, but it would need a standalone charger. Get you a 4 channel amplifier with built in Bluetooth, use the rear channel for a sub and the front 2 channels for a couple of pod speakers and run it all on a stand alone lithium bank.
7DC2F16A-9834-4669-8209-0D7E31680422.jpeg
D93F30B4-9B17-4689-88B1-40111A33A9B5.jpeg
75F540FE-6853-4DB4-BFE0-8B75626A76B9.jpeg
3A5B893A-F148-4E88-AF0A-FC6FA5121755.jpeg
BF38F398-A3F0-490E-9985-D1B13A62A858.jpeg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...