Engine Noise with engine not running?

Participant count
  • Participant list

ace_800
5,000+ posts

CarAudio.com Veteran
Ok, so its been a couple weeks since I replaced my Pioneer 3300 with the JVC deck thats in my sig. Ever since I replaced I've had what I thought was engine whine, I had believed it was just amplified more due to the lower voltage on the JVC(2.5) compared to the Pioneer(4v) and the amp gain being increased due to that.

However, I decided to try to locate the issue and I'm not so sure its engine whine. My system stays on for a couple seconds after the engine is shut off, normally about 2-3 seconds. Its just how the vehicle is setup, the original deck did the same thing. So I figured that the noise would go away when the engine was off, NOPE even after the engine and the system shuts off I have that noise for another couple of seconds.

It honestly sounds like its my fan above my amps or sometype of feedback from somewhere but I don't know were. But the fan is wired to the remote and ground of my amp, so its shutting off when the amps do.

Any opinions on whats causing this? My power/ground run are on the passenger side and RCA's on drivers side btw.

Well, try that first, also check and double check ground points.

Also you can try this, get yourself an ipod or other portable music player, go to Radio Shack and pick up an 1/8" stereo to RCA adapter cable. Also pick up a set of male to female RCA adapters. disconnect ALL RCA cables form amp, connect ipod directly to amp, does the noise still exist? if not, use the RCA adapters and connect ipod to your RCA cables at the HU.

Ok, took of the fan, still have the noise. Not sure what it is, but I do believe the lower voltage was the reason I didn't hear it as bad with the pioneer.

Unplug all the rca's and try them out 1 at a time, and see if it is all of them or one of them. Grab a new set and just lay it on top of the seat or whatever and change it out....may be signs of a bad rca.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.