FEATURED Hooptie Scion TC build

My next setup will be 2 18’s in a ford maverick

I must see this! I was really wanting a maverick for a while.
maverick range rover 22s.jpg

I must see this! I was really wanting a maverick for a while.
View attachment 54613

My civic with a wall I use as a daily to go to work. The car now has a 130k and knock wood it runs and drives mint. I had super nice cars I’d daily drive and it’s just not worth it. This car id like to dump within a year. I always wanted to do a truck but don’t like trucks. The maverick isn’t big but it does have room to get a little nutty in it. I can definitely do something bad ass in one and they aren’t expensive trucks. I’d do 2 18’s on 8k in about 14 cubes at 30 hz. Dual 1/0 runs for power, after market head unit separate from the factory screen. Dual 6.5’s and tweeters in the doors in sealed enclosure pods. Of course the back seats will be gone and I will use all of that space for the enclosure and the floor part for amps, distro blocks, and batteries.

Alrighty... Current port was just 6.25" tall x 27.75" wide x 22" long at 173.44" and tuned to 33.5hz.

Nowwww 6.25" x 26.25 x 25" long. Should be 31.5hz and 164" of port area.

pertttt.jpg

perttt 2.jpg

I always take graphs with a grain of salt as the real world is well real 😅. If we take that as gospel, it looks to me the fi 12’s are the best option 🤔.

Yeah same.

So it's much better with the latest port change. Still not 100% though. It moves air now on the lows when before the subs would just unload really. I know I need to play with the SSF. Just hard being gain matched and having to get both the same. Going to try this out.

"Using your example; Play the 30hz test tone with the SSF knob turned all the way down (lowest frequency setting) or off. Measure the output voltage of the amplifier. The amount of voltage doesn't matter, literally doesn't matter, you just need to know what voltage you are starting at. Multiply the voltage you just measured by .707 and record your answer, this is your target voltage. Turn the SSF knob up until the voltage decreases to the target voltage. This means you've set the SSF so that 30hz is -3db, which means the SSF is set to 30hz.

So, let's say you play your test tone and measure voltage at 2V.

2 * .707 = 1.414V

Turn the SSF knob up until the voltage output from the amplifier decreases to 1.414V
"

I also need to clamp my power to the subs. They still are getting stinky on half knob. I just don't think they can handle the 4500s honestly.

Going to see what kind of Black Friday deals go on with subs. MIGHT go a different route. We will see.

Last edited:
Yeah same.

So it's much better with the latest port change. Still not 100% though. It moves air now on the lows when before the subs would just unload really. I know I need to play with the SSF. Just hard being gain matched and having to get both the same. Going to try this out.

"Using your example; Play the 30hz test tone with the SSF knob turned all the way down (lowest frequency setting) or off. Measure the output voltage of the amplifier. The amount of voltage doesn't matter, literally doesn't matter, you just need to know what voltage you are starting at. Multiply the voltage you just measured by .707 and record your answer, this is your target voltage. Turn the SSF knob up until the voltage decreases to the target voltage. This means you've set the SSF so that 30hz is -3db, which means the SSF is set to 30hz.

So, let's say you play your test tone and measure voltage at 2V.

2 * .707 = 1.414V

Turn the SSF knob up until the voltage output from the amplifier decreases to 1.414V
"

I also need to clamp my power to the subs. They still are getting stinky on half knob. I just don't think they can handle the 4500s honestly.

Going to see what kind of Black Friday deals go on with subs. MIGHT go a different route. We will see.

With the size motor it has and a 4” 4 layer coil, 3500+ rms is a tall order. They will take it but the time will be limited. I think 2k-2500 is more realistic.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...