Help: Which Optima Battery?

No, as long as your wire connecting the main batt to the second batt can handle the current you can use one wire from main batt to second batt. Need to fuse within 18 inches of each battery so two fuses. Alternator can be left unfused.
You can get two of the same from Sams but it'll be cheaper if you can get and fit one of the dekas from Mike on the back. The front battery needs to be whatever group size fits in your tray because I doubt you want to modify brackets
which from mike, or give me a few options from him to go with. My sub am is the crescendo 1500.1 and 800.4 for the Hi's

absolute must to fuse at battery in the trunk? If not then I'm not because I have both amps fused before them. Battery is ofcourse fused under the hood.

Autocraft platinum is what you need.
Sent from my draconis using Tapatalk
advance has a 2 year warranty and Sams a 3 so I will go with one from Sams //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I guess probably the deka 55 from Mike for the rear

that battery is lead acid, you need two agm batteries.

the battery id get from mike is the 55ah 775 cca deka. $90 shipped cannot be beat lol great deal for a second battery

your main battery id buy a group 58 duracell dual post AGM from sams

that battery is lead acid, you need two agm batteries.
the battery id get from mike is the 55ah 775 cca deka. $90 shipped cannot be beat lol great deal for a second battery

your main battery id buy a group 58 duracell dual post AGM from sams
sounds good

you must fuse the back battery. with in 18" of the battery.
and its not hard to pick a battery.

for the money i would do 2 of them 55ah batterys.
i would get 2 from Mike but I'm not going side post under the hood. I will get one from him and the other from Sams for under the hood.

I have a 250A fuse under the hood. Do I need the same for the rear batt?

oh and you do need each battery fused, yes its a lot of fuses, but it's important you fuse both batteries within 18 inches.

if you need more information on proper fusing in a car audio application this is a great reference to read when you have time FUSES

i would get 2 from Mike but I'm not going side post under the hood. I will get one from him and the other from Sams for under the hood.
fuse the wire for its max ampacity at 20 feet or so. 0 gauge CCA is about 50-100 amps less than OFC. 250 amps sounds right to me.

i would of gotten both mine from him too, but i needed top posts. makes the install a lot easier.

fuse the wire for its max ampacity at 20 feet or so. 0 gauge CCA is about 50-100 amps less than OFC. 250 amps sounds right to me.
i would of gotten both mine from him too, but i needed top posts. makes the install a lot easier.
gotcha

for the price i would make it work. not hard to do.

or you can buy an adaptor to convert it to top post.

and i would go 1 further, use a longer bolt so you can use both.

but anyway.........

those converters are for batteries with a top post, and gives them a side post. you need something that converts from a side post to a top post if you want to put it in the battery from mike, but you need to make sure itll fit your location first.

just get this, unless you dont have a sams club nearby or a friend with membership Duracell® Automotive Battery - Group Size 58 - Sam's Club

and then buy a battery from mike to put in the back

this is the top/side post battery i picked up as my primary battery, exactly the same as mikes deka but without top posts. http://www.samsclub.com/sams/duracell-agm-automotive-battery-group-size-78dtagm/prod3590233.ip?navAction=push

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.